Language translator during online poker?

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does anyone use a translation service to deal with language barriers in online poker games? I try to copy and paste into google translate but it really takes a long time to get the translation so was wondering if there is something else out there easier to use?

It was actually good info for me on a game tonight; I was low stack in final 3, the other 2 were making plans in Portuguese to work together to take me out and make a deal to split the pot. They did end up final 2, unfortunately, but it did make me wonder how many other conversations I have missed out on good info when they don't realize I was translating what they were staying.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I do not use such services nor do I see much value in doing so.

Players who clearly collaborate in table chat can easily get caught and even banned by the poker site. A bit more "intelligent collaborators" do their discussions in channels that are not visible for other players.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if they were engaged in a team game, then write to support, they will quickly check everything and punish these players, and you will be paid appropriate compensation

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Does anyone use a translation service to deal with language barriers in online poker games? I try to copy and paste into google translate but it really takes a long time to get the translation so was wondering if there is something else out there easier to use?

It was actually good info for me on a game tonight; I was low stack in final 3, the other 2 were making plans in Portuguese to work together to take me out and make a deal to split the pot. They did end up final 2, unfortunately, but it did make me wonder how many other conversations I have missed out on good info when they don't realize I was translating what they were staying.

Actually you'd be thankful they teached you some foreign language ...

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think you have hit on something genius!

When they are cheating like that they are dumb enough to think they are being secretive.

But you have eliminated their "surprise" play by cracking their code.

I have been in this situation in low stakes and tried really hard to outplay them both as a challenge to me.

Most of the time it does not work out for me. But a couple of times they seem to go ballistic and can't believe I cracked their code.

But to answer your question - I am not aware of any software that would be faster - yet.

Good luck !

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a language translator were built into a poker room, it would be a very interesting idea. This would save a lot of time and would not allow you to be distracted from playing at the table. Then the players would not need to use the services of a language translator in the browser to reveal the intent of the opponents.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The truth is that with the technology that exists today, one could write in their original language in the chat of any poker site and it will automatically translate it to the corresponding language or designated by the site (almost all or I would say all are in English).
On the other hand, as Risto says, I think that in the long run you will appreciate knowing another language (you don't have to know how to read or write it, you just need to understand it).

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GGPoker does the chat translation automatically and seamlessly. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A familiar situation. I have no linguistic abilities. Therefore, I use the services of an interpreter. However, I would not attach serious importance to what online poker players say (write). If you need to hide something, they will use other options for the message. But distracting with your chatter among the players at the table is one of the psychology techniques for achieving results.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think during the final table, if the language is not known, trying to cope with the online translator is not a good idea. It's better to just keep playing carefully, sticking to a strategy that has managed to get through a large number of players to the final table or even beyond.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always see like 99% of table players chat in english so I don't need any google translation

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always use an interpreter when talking at the table. It is a pity that you can not insert a copy from the translator into the chat. You have to transfer the text to the chat yourself, which is quite troublesome. You should have complained about the conversation of these players at the table.