Just started poker. What is the best way to learn poker as a real begginer?

H

HidekiKZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
JP
Chips
Hi! I'm from Japan.

Just started poker last week.

How did everyone start and study poker?

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I watch streams of the best poker players. It is also interesting to watch the final tables with open cards.

Jimlad999

Jimlad999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start playing on the freerolls and watching videos on YouTube.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The CC 30 day course is a good place to start. And then you need to get some practice of course :)

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Play only very good hands! Less good hands brings more money.
Fold your good starthand, if the flop are bad for you. i know its hard to fold maybe 77 on a Q10K Flop...but better oportunitys will come...

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello HidekiKZ, welcome to the forum! The course called Become A Winning Poker Player In 30 Days written by poker experts is designed to help beginner and intermediate poker players improve their overall game.

The course is intended to be taken over a series of 30 days, each progressive lesson is accompanied by a video, where authors Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier build on each daily topic with extra explanations, hand reviews, tips and quizzes.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first study a lot and then have a solid long term winning strategy, start playing freerolls, watching videos of games of your level and be consistent.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I watched training videos of YouTube streamers that I liked reading about poker learn poker from the Internet that are available for free

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch streams and play the smallest stakes you can until you are profitable over a significant amount of hands. Minimum like 10k sample.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey!

First, you need to be aware of the basics of poker. We recommend reading a book that teaches you about poker or completing a poker course on the Internet. CardsChat has an offer for this (Become A Winning Poker Player In 30 Days).

Furthermore, it is advisable to gain experience by playing poker. It's a simple math: The more hands you play=the more experience=better understanding of poker

It is advisable not to start directly with real money, but to play poker with Playmoney and look out for freerolls. Freerolls don't cost you a dime to buy-in, but allow you to win real dollars. In addition to gaining experience, you can also build up a bankroll that you can later use to play with real money.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A great place to start is the CC “Becoming a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days” as many have mentioned above . poker stars also has a learning area with free games to play for learning as well. There is so much out there from books to watching YouTube. There are also CC members that have YouTube videos or blogs about poker that are very helpful as well.

When I first started, to keep it simple I printed off something like what is below and just played very tight. I played at Poker Stars with fake money for a while, then eased my way into playing tournaments for .10 or .25cents at most. I also joined their learning program and played the freerolls for learning as well.

888 also has numerous freerolls, though those freerolls need their own style of learning curve as they are typically all in shove feasts, but still fun to play and learn as you go for no cost and perhaps build up a bankroll :). Good luck out there and have lots of fun.

One thing for certain…..you have come to the right place! Welcome to CC and welcome to the world of poker :)

Attachments

• B1213F7E-AA3B-423F-A4AE-BF6C650990AC.png
    B1213F7E-AA3B-423F-A4AE-BF6C650990AC.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 2
Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get your preflop range in check and then just watch crushers play and try to find things to learn from them and apply to your own strategy. CardChats 30 day course I think is a great start as well.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi! I'm from Japan.

Hello Hideki, you made a nice decision by joining CardsChat. Here you can learn, ask, share and even start playing for free.
As mentioned by many members, the "Become A Winning Poker Player In 30 Days" course is a must, I think it's a very good place to start while reading whatever material you can get your hands on. The free downloadable Cheat Sheet from Nathan Williams (Blackrain79) is very useful if you want to learn from scratch and his videos are really helpful when it comes to micro-stakes. GL.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch streams of the best poker players. It is also interesting to watch the final tables with open cards.
I agree, I also think that you need to start with this, and also find out what all the poker terms mean.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Watch streams and play the smallest stakes you can until you are profitable over a significant amount of hands. Minimum like 10k sample.

What streams are they playing micros or 2nl poker? (I think streams would be too advanced for someone just starting out... they might not recognize the difference in how the game plays at freerolls/2nl vs. 100nl & $109+ buyin MTT's).
I agree on the playing LOTS!!

Even a basic book to get started wouldn't be a bad idea... although these days I wouldn't even know what that book would be??? (I began playing a long time ago when not only were books relevant but there were a few good ones that helped build a foundation (ie. Harrington On Hold'em series).

I think something that happens all too often for new'ish' players is that there's just a sh1t ton of info. out there these days and to sift through it somehow without getting overwhelmed by it could be a problem (or 'is' often a problem). I see TONS of players spouting off terms without really having much of a clue what they're doing on the tables.

Maybe something available by Gripsed for getting started (i'm not sure).... or perhaps BlackRain79

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the best way to start in poker is to take a basic course, watch videos and read some books, nowadays you can find all this easily online, in several sites, youtube and others... but here in the community you can find content many good and rich of information that can help you better in a short time

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I’m the only one but I have yet to find anything that has helped me learn, including the course here

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi! I'm from Japan.

Welcome to our friendly community :)
1. Start by playing freerolls.
2. Do not deposit your own funds yet, try to build a bankroll by playing exclusively in freerolls.
3. Be patient, poker requires many years of experience and therefore you should not count on a quick result.
4. Be sure to take our free course, it will help you better understand the basic principles of the game.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Hi! I'm from Japan.

Hi and welcome

There are lots of articles & videos to help you learn the game and lots of Freerolls available to play so I would start there.

In terms of Freerolls I would highly recommend CardsChat as the quality of player in these tournaments in much better than you will find at any other regular freeroll

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Play with play money and try to beat the game with play money before playing real money and also there is a program on cardschart forum, a course in 30 day that show u how to become a winning poker player but before that u need to know the basic rules of Texas hold ‘em :D

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play only very good hands! Less good hands brings more money.
Fold your good starthand, if the flop are bad for you. i know its hard to fold maybe 77 on a Q10K Flop...but better oportunitys will come...
77 on a Q10K it's a easy fold most of the time... :unsure: