It is worth playing online poker overnight ?

M

Minelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is worth playing online poker overnight,?:joyman: less prizes until buy-in !! There are fewer people, but the bubble is smaller !! What do you think about this ?

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is worth playing online poker overnight,?:joyman: less prizes until buy-in !! There are fewer people, but the bubble is smaller !! What do you think about this ?
You would have to define overnight. Your night time/after mid night?
I am in North America and can play Europeans when it's their night time and our day time and vice versa.
This really depends on where you are from. One can always find a game with people from anywhere.

J

Jrobbz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On ACR it tells you where players are from. If I can strike up a conversation I can get an idea of what part of the country they are from (applies to US only). However, generally for me I find more profit in late night poker because there are so many people who are either drinking or sleep deprived and are certainly not playing their A game.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would have to define overnight. Your night time/after mid night?
I am in North America and can play Europeans when it's their night time and our day time and vice versa.
This really depends on where you are from. One can always find a game with people from anywhere.
Is hard to find a game with people from anywhere. Buy I play over night with North America and there are fewer players and the game ends faster:))

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would imagine that you probably will do slightly worse playing in the middle of the night, the reason being is because people who are fish tend to have jobs.

They need to go to sleep so they can keep their job.

However sometimes I play in the middle of the night, and I notice some of the weaker regs start to get desperate to make a profit for the day and start doing some weird shit, but in general not as profitable as playing on prime time imo.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
As was mentioned earlier, who's overnight are you referring to, there are more countries in the online poker world than just yours. :confused:

:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its best to play, when you are well rested and able to deliver your A-game, so I definitely dont recommend playing well into the night in your own time zone. This is something, I have actually been harping on about a bit, because I really dont understand, why so many europeans want to play a tournament like the 11$ Sunday Storm at pokerstars, which in Central Europe begin at 8 pm and play until 5 am, when day 1 break. If you have to go to work monday morning, this is totally insane, so why not play something, which begin just a bit earlier in the day? Like the similar structured 11$ Sunday Starter, which being at 1 pm CET.

As for game quality, if we are talking about traditional western facing sites like PokerStars and 888 Poker, games tend to be softest in the european and american evening hours. In the asian evening hours its mostly eastern european regs filling up the tables, so for game quality this time of day should be avoided. Personally I do sometimes ignore this though, because I would rather play at a time, that suits me, than play in softer games.

avangard555

avangard555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my time zone gmt +6, the peak of the tournament game occurs at night. There is almost no choice left to gain distance you need to play at night

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't feel like sleeping, then you can play) the main thing is that it does not affect the results of the game. And so at night, for example, at the pokerstars peak of players for those who live in Eastern Europe.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my time zone gmt +6, the peak of the tournament game occurs at night. There is almost no choice left to gain distance you need to play at night

Only if you want to play in the largest field tournaments like the above mentioned Sunday Storm. But unless you want to chase the dream of turning 11$ into 10.000$ or more in a single go, you are better off playing in small field tournaments, since they are a more steady source of income. And these run 24 hours a day with the majority of them running outside peak hours. It might be a little different, if you are high stakes player, but few if any in this forum are :)

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy playing between midnight and 5a.m. my time. It am a night owl and it just works for me. I play on pokerstars and don't have a problem finding a tourney to play in and of course there are always cash games to play in.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

There are very long tournaments, so you have to play at night. And so of course before any game I try to get some sleep:angel:

C

ChinoBl1ng

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u play the after hours on ACR. The competition is definitely softer then during the day.

They may be smaller tournys but from what I experienced the 11PM through the night. There is some value on those MTTs

ferocious

ferocious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i live in europe and i play on acr so i have to play at night because there arent many players in the day

T

time2tell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on how tired you are. For you it might be in the middle of the night, but for another player it might be mid-day.