thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see a lot of players who are very profitable, saying that the best way to evolve in poker is to join a poker team.
They teach you how to play, give you the ranges you should play from each position.
They provide the bank to play, in exchange when the player starts to profit, he will have to share the profit with the team.
Some divisions start with 30% for the player and 70% for the team and over time it goes up to 50 / 50 or more.
Other players say that it's not worth it because it ends up being too expensive to have to share the profit with the team, what do you think?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not worth it when you are starting out. This is more for when you are turning pro, but even then it shouldn't really be needed as you should have built a bankroll and at least be fairly competent at the game.

Joseph Nobbs

Joseph Nobbs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes because you have games on a weekly basis plus you have a chance to play games to better yourself so well worth it 🙂

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I think if they teach you to improve your skills, they should be get some money from your victories, maybe the percentage will be less but this is their business model.

Joseph Nobbs

Joseph Nobbs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I see a lot of players who are very profitable, saying that the best way to evolve in poker is to join a poker team.
They teach you how to play, give you the ranges you should play from each position.
They provide the bank to play, in exchange when the player starts to profit, he will have to share the profit with the team.
Some divisions start with 30% for the player and 70% for the team and over time it goes up to 50 / 50 or more.
Other players say that it's not worth it because it ends up being too expensive to have to share the profit with the team, what do you think?
I think it should be top 3 that gets it

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you don't want to share your profits with the team, don't join the team because you won't be trained just like that, but there is another way you can learn everything you teach yourself. It's very easy to understand how other players play from different positions and you will quickly teach yourself just watch games and learn

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing on a poker team was an incredible experience for the development of my game. It was an opportunity to learn from talented players and to share knowledge and strategies. Being on a team provided me with a supportive and encouraging environment where I could improve myself and deepen my understanding of poker. Team playing helped me improve my communication and teamwork skills. We were able to discuss hands, analyze strategies, and exchange ideas, which enriched my approach to the game. The synergy and collaboration within the team drove my progress and challenged me to achieve even better results.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can't say it's a good idea or bad one to be honest but based on what I have read and heard I would not be too sure I would want to join one. If you do decide to join one, really read the terms and conditions of the team and what is your responsibility's. This includes what responsibility's you may have after leaving the team.

D

DColate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that joining a poker team is very interesting and satisfying. As long as this team strives to help your evolution in various ways.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That would be up to each of us based upon our individual preferences and personalities. Personally I wouldn't get involved in something like that because I play to relax and having to please one or more people, at least for me, wouldn't be very relaxing.

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It can be a good start to a career, sometimes there are very comfortable conditions, but you should always read carefully any contract that you are going to sign. I don't see anything wrong with that.