IPS address

E

ez2cy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, first off I'm not a computer genuis so don't laugh at my terms or lack of.

I've signed up in the past to a few poker sites directly thru their site. I've found other sites inwhich you can sign up to get some of your rake back, or gifts. However it has to be a new account. Some of these sites I've downloaded in the past, I just set up an account, but never deposited, but it's still not eligible. My question is this. I am on dial up now, but am switching to wireless. So, does my IP address change? If so, could I start up a new account at these sites I've joined under say....my wife's name? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Jim

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some technical wizz may correct me, but as I understand it once you have downloaded the software you have essentially had it as far as getting a different sort of affiliation deal goes.

I suppose if you had a new IP, a new or completely clean computer, and a different name and address you may just get around it. But remember, when it comes to cashing out, name and address may become an issue if it is wrong.

My advice is usually the same as regards rakeback.....assess and work on your game and stay ahead of the rake that way.

Lets chuck some figures at it for you :-
say average pot is $20
rake at 5% is $1
players dealt cards = 10
your rake contribution is 10 cents a hand
say you rakeback deal is 20%....that is 2 cents.
2 cents is 1/1000th of the pot itself

Work on your game, forget the rakeback.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless you pay a ton for internet, you will not have a static ip (one that doesn't change)

99% of residential homes with broadband have a dynamic ip (one that changes periodically)

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless you pay a ton for internet, you will not have a static ip (one that doesn't change)

99% of residential homes with broadband have a dynamic ip (one that changes periodically)

but with many cable providers, periodically can mean once every 3 months or once a year. Just depends.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In short, changing the IP address won't do a thing.