Intellectual property

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You open an account in an online poker room, enter your name, surname, personal data, come up with a nickname, password, and thus your account in the poker room becomes your intellectual property and no one can do anything with it without your permission, can not prohibit you from accessing it, because it is your property, your property, your thing, you are the owner of your account, because it is so, everything is logical.
Then why does some operator from the support service simply forbid you to use your thing without your permission, referring to the fact that you ticked the online agreement, but this is not so, all your agreements on the Internet have no legal force, these are offers, because only the text legibly written on paper in ink has legal force.
I am interested to know your opinion on this issue.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You may be right, but the Poker Room, or poker forum, or whatever site had the "tick to agree with the terms" box has all the power. Right or wrong doesn't really matter, does it? If they can shut down the President of the United States, they can certainly shut you or me down.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if these conditions were not there or we would not have complied with them, then in what form and disorder we saw the posts on the sites.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with you, the site on which you go has the right to dictate its terms to you, this is their territory, it's all the same if a person comes to visit you and behaves as he thinks about it: he steals, breaks, shit on the table

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw it on one of the poker forums, one player's account was blocked, as they usually do, they say that you did not pass the check and they block it without any facts and evidence. The player asked for help from a corporate lawyer, this lawyer sent a registered letter with a notification to the main office of the poker room, so that they would provide an official response with evidence of a violation on the part of the player, or he would be forced to appeal to the prosecutor's office with a statement about the violation of his rights, as soon as he received a notification that the letter was delivered, the account was unblocked a day later.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that from the moment you accept the terms and conditions you are subject to what the creator of the site in which you are participating says. A quick example would be Cardschat, if you break the rules, no matter how much your account is, you will be immediately terminated for not complying with the rules of the group. This is the way it is on any internet site, and if you talk about social networks, we know that censorship is in such a way and that this does violate our right of free expression but also what should be done in these cases is to look for a social network that respects that right. Regards.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

They are the agreements that must be respected, whether or not they are the owners of that site, and that is their idiosyncrasy

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You open an account in an online poker room, enter your name, surname, personal data, come up with a nickname, password, and thus your account in the poker room becomes your intellectual property and no one can do anything with it without your permission, can not prohibit you from accessing it, because it is your property, your property, your thing, you are the owner of your account, because it is so, everything is logical.
Then why does some operator from the support service simply forbid you to use your thing without your permission, referring to the fact that you ticked the online agreement, but this is not so, all your agreements on the Internet have no legal force, these are offers, because only the text legibly written on paper in ink has legal force.
I am interested to know your opinion on this issue.

Hello.
Absolutely disagree. Your account cannot be your property. Your account will always belong to the company that provided you with the registration platform. You are just a user. Just like your SIM card in your mobile phone. The SIM card also does not belong to you, the SIM card belongs to the operator who provides you with communication services.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello.
Absolutely disagree. Your account cannot be your property. Your account will always belong to the company that provided you with the registration platform. You are just a user. Just like your SIM card in your mobile phone. The SIM card also does not belong to you, the SIM card belongs to the operator who provides you with communication services.

I do not agree with you on this analysis. When we open a poker account and register all our data, that account becomes our property, and if that's the case, it can be easy to grab our money in the banks. So I agree with Alex because if your poker account gets frozen for any trivial reason, like sending $2 or $3 to a friend, your money will also be frozen with him. To get it back, your first message won't be answered until 15 days have passed and you'll be in this state for more than six months without interest

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That doesn't fall into intellectual property. Personal information is confidential and for obvious reason, no one can use the username. Once the TOS is agreed on, then you fall into the rules of the site.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.

Seriously ?!
Does the money in the account also belong to the company ?
After all, very often when an account is blocked, access to your account is also blocked, and you can't take your money, this is a robbery, isn't it ?
And you have to prove something so that you have access to the account, but according to the law you are not obliged to prove your innocence, the one who accuses you is obliged to prove that you have violated something, until your guilt is proven you are innocent.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously ?!
After all, very often when an account is blocked, access to your account is also blocked, and you can't take your money, this is a robbery, isn't it ?
And you have to prove something so that you have access to the account, but according to the law you are not obliged to prove your innocence, the one who accuses you is obliged to prove that you have violated something, until your guilt is proven you are innocent.

I think your opinion might be skewed because of a recent incident. You keep referencing the law but laws are different depending on the country you reside in and the company your dealing with resides in. You should really be talking to a lawyer if your having issues like this.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Seriously ?!

You may agree with me, you may disagree, but honestly it doesn't change anything at all, and it doesn't affect anything. :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may agree with me, you may disagree, but honestly it doesn't change anything at all, and it doesn't affect anything. :)
I agree :)
I have no problems with this, I'm just interested in this topic and I'm interested in the opinion of other people.

Poker Tells