Infestation of Bots

L

lousypanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve attached an email I received from an online poker room I play at regularly. I often feel like I’m being cheated but it’s difficult to prove. I was so frustrated after losing so consistently that I stopped playing about a month ago. I get this email. I don’t know how to feel about it.

On one hand, I’m glad they’re doing something about the cheaters but on the other hand it confirms my suspensions of being cheated. It also brings up concerns of all the other times. Who knows how often or how long this has been happening. And all the times it will continue to happen. This is not the first time I’ve received a refund but this is the largest.

Your thoughts? Comments?

Attachments

• EB5CA5A7-6A47-4D23-B457-94AF7A83F71F.jpg
    EB5CA5A7-6A47-4D23-B457-94AF7A83F71F.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 60
A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What site is this, I can't quite tell from the picture.
Also I think it's good that at least they're addressing the problem but if you still feel concerned maybe it's best just to transfer to a new, more trusted site.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like the fact that the room is struggling with fraudsters and returns the money. Do you think there are no scammers and bots in other rooms? Or is there not fighting with them and not returning money to the affected players?

L

lousypanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the fact that the room is struggling with fraudsters and returns the money. Do you think there are no scammers and bots in other rooms? Or is there not fighting with them and not returning money to the affected players?

My guess would be that unregulated sites have the most problems. Sites allowed to legally conduct business in the US by the government, are required to conduct audits of their networks through third parties. Sites not sanctioned do whatever they want.

Not to say that you couldn’t have cheating issues on regulated sites but by knowing they could lose their gambling license if it went unresolved keeps them more honest. Again, my personal opinion.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My guess would be that unregulated sites have the most problems. Sites allowed to legally conduct business in the US by the government, are required to conduct audits of their networks through third parties. Sites not sanctioned do whatever they want.

Not to say that you couldn’t have cheating issues on regulated sites but by knowing they could lose their gambling license if it went unresolved keeps them more honest. Again, my personal opinion.

I agree, I also feel public traded gaming sites are more legit.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are there types of games that are more attractive to bots or collusion rings? sit and gos, limit games or is it everywhere? all levels?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If once there's an evidence, it'll be spread like a virus and a massive getaway from the poker rooms will take place.
So far so "good".

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This regulatory myth is hilarious and just false. For example, when Nevada legalised online poker one of the regulated sites literally hired Iovation (CEO Greg Pierson) who was ran by a known cheat from Ultimate Bet. Regulators will do absolutely nothing to change the bot situation in online poker lol

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know, it seems very strange

L

lousypanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This regulatory myth is hilarious and just false. For example, when Nevada legalised online poker one of the regulated sites literally hired Iovation (CEO Greg Pierson) who was ran by a known cheat from Ultimate Bet. Regulators will do absolutely nothing to change the bot situation in online poker lol

I wasn’t making an argument. I was only saying that it’s less likely to occur with regulation. I never said it can’t happen. Would you rather have a lazy police department in your neighborhood or no police department in your neighbor? No need to respond.

MrDuke76

MrDuke76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What site is this, I can't quite tell from the picture.
Also I think it's good that at least they're addressing the problem but if you still feel concerned maybe it's best just to transfer to a new, more trusted site.

It’s ACR. They’ve been refunding money for a while now. Their list of bots caught grows Larger all the time

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve attached an email I received from an online poker room I play at regularly. I often feel like I’m being cheated but it’s difficult to prove. I was so frustrated after losing so consistently that I stopped playing about a month ago. I get this email. I don’t know how to feel about it.

On one hand, I’m glad they’re doing something about the cheaters but on the other hand it confirms my suspensions of being cheated. It also brings up concerns of all the other times. Who knows how often or how long this has been happening. And all the times it will continue to happen. This is not the first time I’ve received a refund but this is the largest.

Your thoughts? Comments?
Thats a nice refund glad to see the security team are doing their job,:congrats:
All poker sites security teams are really busy in a cat and mouse game against
bots,multi-accounters,colluders and every type of cheat imaginable.
Enough people show up here complaining their few thousand was confiscated and account closed who are caught,
Report anything you find suspicious would be my thoughts on it good luck.:)

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a nice refund glad to see the security team are doing their job,:congrats:
All poker sites security teams are really busy in a cat and mouse game against
bots,multi-accounters,colluders and every type of cheat imaginable.
Enough people show up here complaining their few thousand was confiscated and account closed who are caught,
Report anything you find suspicious would be my thoughts on it good luck.:)

I agree report but then if I report it I then rely on the site to do something about it. What is to say that the site is not profiling you and who is monitoring them. Sorry I am skeptic

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s good to see they are doing something about it. If they don’t curb this, it will get out of control.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess some sites are profitable to have bots. It's like the artificiality of the site. Compare 888 and the intertops amplitude of the players is very large.