infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe you are right. But in essence, it does not matter if you get a profit from the game. Personally, I concentrate more on the process of playing and on improving my skills. Good luck.

W

wampole

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was playing on global the other day and after about 45 minutes a message came up asking me to confirm that I was there. Maybe an anti-bot feature?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at least this theory is more credible than rigged hands.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not convinced - if you make an extraordinary claim the burden of proof is on you.

Having been called a bot numerous times by salty opponents I trust these claims about as far as I can throw them.

And no, people making bad plays and getting lucky lends very little to the argument.

Good luck!

AGREED!

I'm convinced half of all online poker players are unicorns! :p

Yes.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are bots everywhere in internetland and while many sites do much to protect against them, bots do indeed exist. The challenge is finding and identifying them and then kicking them off. It’s not like in real life where everything is as you find it, or maybe your favourite next door neighbour isn’t also a bot ( my neighbour is a bit of a T*@t but definitely not a bot, no one would make a bot like that.... would they?). Maybe we should start adapting the world to accept bots and beat them! Or maybe it’s all a little bit too early!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there are some bots out there but 50% is gross exaggeration in my opinion. Creating good poker bot will take hundreds of hours and it requires person who is both good poker player and good programmer to achieve it. Moreover if you are such person and manage to create such bot what would you do? Will you try to sell it so that many people start using it and it is caught in no time or you will save it for yourself and start to grind with it taking all money for you and reducing risk of detection? I think that you will do the second thing.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you guys say any time the SB folds to an inactive BB the SB is most likely a bot?

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In unregulated markets, I believe 50% or more of the players are using bots.

I have no facts to present...

That is all....

some of the poker sites have extremely good anti cheat systems in place. I assure you there not as many bots as you might think.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In unregulated markets, I believe 50% or more of the players are using bots.

I have no facts to present...

That is all....
I do not think robots can be as good as humans, we know that in the game of chess they are insurmountable, but in poker, things can not be fully calculated, logically a comoutador can not get bored, this is true, but a player can suddenly change your game style and surprise a machine that has in its database all its previous movements.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing that softwer of poker(for example poker stars) is set that hands are unpredictiable and never knowes who will take a pot until river,is logical thay have a lot of players and a lot of money obtain on tables....

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you look at the higher stakes "on demand games on a certain site" you can see the first 20 to enroll all at the same time in each tourney …. all bots ;)

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely, there are bots, but it is difficult to calculate them. So do not worry, play and enjoy the game.

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not up to date on all this bot talk in poker though I am sure there are bots out there. How many? I have no clue.

When I played WoW there were bots. Heck pretty much any mmorpg has bots it seems. I play Hearthstone a bit sometimes and there are bots there. Doesn't surprise me that there are bots in poker too. I just hope it isn't super prevalent or extreme.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's certain that there are bots in online poker today, but IMO when it comes to the big, trustworthy rooms they have the trusted security departments with the suitable people to prevent and tackle the issue.

So, I believe that at these sites the games are as fair, and trustworthy as possible (of course always there will be strange thing in online poker, even if you are talking about the big rooms). When it comes to small, shitty less-known, rooms, then, yes, there are many scam things over there.

N

NdRunner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker bots

This thread may be old but I would like to say that I have been playing online for several years and have never been able to get ahead. a majority of the hands that I end up getting it all in with lose. I get it all in with the best hand and get out flopped or drawn out on way too many times. I have come to the conclusion that winning is impossible,but its the only form on entertainment that I have. I just try to keep the money invested to a minimum. I enjoy playing the game but it's impossible to beat a computer that's programmed to win.

B

boxxerr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree to a certain extent. I don't think it's that big of a percentage, but it's definately been growing a lot past few years!

MrAceBoogie

MrAceBoogie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it depends on what site you're on.. In my experience ( I live in LV) playing on wsop, there are not too many bots. Although I don't know how you would be able to tell, any tips? :)