I have a $2k online poker bankroll... (bankroll roadmap)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would repeat whatever got you your original $2,000 and repeat it. Why quit doing what has already made you successful.

Sometimes when I feel bad that I have not moved up in limits quickly enough, I will move from the 1c/2c tables to the 2c/4c table or the 5c/10c tables at some poker sites because that is the smallest games they have. If I lose too much money, I go back down to my original starting limits.

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick with what you're winning at. When you want to move up in stakes make sure you're BR is comparable to the stakes you're moving up to. Most talented players fail because of poor/incorrect BR management.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
success and poker

you need to play where your heart lies,and a bankroll of 2k$ is a good result, you can go far with it, and the fact that you took a vacation to think about it, I hope it gave you fruit, good luck to you in increasing the banroll!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Old thread but still relevant topic. In my opinion, when you have reached something like a 2.000$ bankroll, its best to make a decision and select to play either cash games or tournaments. If you select tournaments, then play SnGs or maybe turbos, when you are short on time. It does not need to be a choise for life, but stick to the same type of game for at least 3-6 month and only change, if you are beginning to feel bored. If you jump back and forth from session to session or even play cash and MTTs in the same session, there is a big risk of adjusting poorly and becoming a jack of all trades but a master of none.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments are the best way to raise your bankroll, of course patience and perseverance.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A simple advise, do your best to stay away from Casions ans slots games..
Fast win and super fast lose of money..

Keep up your patience, learn more poker strategies and play 1 to 3 long Tournament per day that's will be great and work for me.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just tell you to play whichever games you feel most confident and satisfied playing. You have a significant bankroll and plenty of time to increase it even more. Only you should be the one to decide which games you wanna play.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to raise your bankroll seriously you have to act/live like a pro. As an amateur you have to be satisfied with small winnings.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just looking for some feedback. I've played quite a while, feel pretty confident in my game, spent the last year or so studying, and wanna give it another shot after taking most of the last year off... this is more of a community discussion (not really about me) about bankroll management, but wanna get some input

"I have a $2k online poker bankroll, play primarily NLHE, and live in the US, and want to be sustainable"... what kind of bankroll road map should I have if I want to:

play just ring games?
just SNG's?
just MTT's?
all 3?

I would recommend trying all three forms of poker for a week each and then choosing what you like best and for which you have enough time. The only thing I can tell in cash and sit and go (especially in sit and go) will be an order of magnitude more strong players than in MTT, but the MTT path is a pain path to play for 5-6 hours and there is nothing to get)

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest you play the $ 11 Sunday Storm Tournament! This is a very good tournament. And also knockout tournaments, but not more than $ 5:joyman:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
2K is impressive and I understand where you are coming from, Personally I would stick with the format you are winning with and are most comfortable playing. For me Cash games are a big let down, even Live I would try to stay clear from them, the chances of losing more are greatly increased, but if that is your thing, go for it.
Twelve months ago when this pandemic first put us into Lock-down I found myself playing the odd game for fun on Facebook, and thought to myself Why? I had money with 3 or 4 different sites and had not played any online games for a long time.
So I started to check out the sites I had money with and found pokerstars had the biggest amount of so started playing a little serious Poker.
I had a little more than $200 with P.S. and started to play the $1.00 SnGs and now thanks to Cardschat Free-rolls and a few changes on P.S. I am now up to over $400 bankroll.
I feel comfortable playing the $1.00 buy-in Knockout games and sometimes will increase the buy-ins to $3.00 but I am certainly not in any rush to make any bigger moves upwards,
I believe that if you try to move up in stakes too early it tends to lead to failure, so I stick with what I feel is comfortable ($1+$3) and what I am better at playing (SnGs).

When the fun Stops, STOP!

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to play where your heart lies,and a bankroll of 2k$ is a good result, you can go far with it, and the fact that you took a vacation to think about it, I hope it gave you fruit, good luck to you in increasing the banroll!

thanks!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play within your means, Pick the best games that suit your skills

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management