Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello, i saw i video of a poker player on youtube playing with a HUD showing all statistics of the oponnents, is that legal or is that cheating?

Things like % of hands played, 3-bet %, 3-bet fold % etc.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
A HUD is essential, you need to get one and understand how you get the best benefits from it.
Until you understand how your opponents play, you will be behind the 8 ball.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A HUD is not illegal at all and if your playing for serious money probably a smart play. Some site dont allow them though. A HUD is also not as big of a help as you may think at times. while its great to see the information it may take a lot of hands just to have enough information to actually make it relevant. They there is the issue of if the players are still playing the same way. Over time a LAG player may change and become a NIT. That could cost you big time. Also a HUD is crutch. Poker is about reading players and what they are playing. The information you get when really watching the players is more valuable at time that what the HUD is giving you.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
HUD is not prohibited software. For those who know how to use it, this is a good helper for making certain decisions. For those who do not want to play against such opponents, there are rooms where HUD is prohibited.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is legal if poker site allows it.
I personally like to play where they do not allow any programs like that

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will add that for many players using the hud can be really harmful tool. Because for many stats you need a really big sample to make correct decisions and you need to really understand those stats. I often hear from people something like that: I just push here really wide, because he has like 20% of 3bet! I ask how many hands do you have on this guy and I get the answers like ~100. Truth is that sometimes guy can be a nit with a 3bet like 4% and after 100 hands or even 500 can have something like 3bet 15% because he was just running hot.
So ye, stats can be really helfpul if you know how to use them. But for many players they are not and they really harm their strategy overall.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For stats from a hub to be meaningful, you need a very large sample size for any particular opponent, but that is not the case most of the time, therefore unless you play against an opponent repeatedly, it won't be very useful in my opinion.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
HUD is very important to use, it allows you to know the profile of each opponent, helps to make the best decision. It's also a good way to analyze your results.

Logg

Logg

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you regularly see the same people in your games, it may be time to get a HUD

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another benefit to HUDs is the number of cheaters that HUD users have caught. Think about a site with no HUDs and no player names, its really hard to catch cheaters. Then of a site like ACR where a player can look at their database an it shows 20 players with identical stats over thousands of hands- its likely they have identified a group of bots.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have one, I have played both with and without it, not much different results really.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I use it on one site, don't use it on another.
My game is better without Hud IF i play at one table. If i play simultaneously more tables, then Hud can give you good info instantly, without you staying to observe opponents.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Some people like to play with a HUD, some others don't.

A HUD is good for collecting hand histories and analysing your game. But good HUDs, like HM or PT, only have paid versions.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUDs are legal. The HUD will only show the stats of the hands you captured.
If its the first time using a HUD, don't fill it with stats and just stick with the basic(VPIP.PFR,3/4-BET,AGG) so you don't get info overload. I suggest checking the CC poker software for HUD. DriveHUD and PT4/HM3 are good options to try. All three has free trial so you can check which one you would like.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you are playing on a high level of daily action, HUDS are not really a great advantage.

Most players at lower levels play a different style each day out. So many real life dynamics.

And yes, it is perfectly ok to use HUDS at most online sites.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a dangerous thing to use if you dont have some knowledge on hud configurations, in most times the hud is a small part of bigger softwares called trackers that are really helpful if you want to get things on advanced levels.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUD is a legal tool in most of poker sites, and if ur opponents have acces to it, u should be using it to.

It have many pros, at the tables and off tables, for studying purpouses.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hud

hello the hud is not illegal. but in some rooms it can't be used. I personally use it and it made me make some mistakes. I think it should not be used in any room. it is my opinion

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For all those that have said a HUD is legal, you surely know HUDs are not allowed on every site.

A HUD is an extremely useful App, but let's not misrepresent the situation in terms of use.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
They there is the issue of if the players are still playing the same way. Over time a LAG player may change and become a NIT. That could cost you big time. Also a HUD is crutch. Poker is about reading players and what they are playing. The information you get when really watching the players is more valuable at time that what the HUD is giving you.
It is for this reason that I have never used and am not going to use a HUD. Of course, it can be useful in cash games and single-table sit & go or spin & go games, but using it in MTTs doesn't make much sense as it is hard to get a large sample for each player.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I used to have one, it's really very useful for tracking the stats of each player that you've faced in the past. It's not cheating, but later on some plateforms banned some functions of it like colorification i think and some specefic stats. you can also track your own stats like how many times have you been dealt some specefic hands, win rate, drawdown ...etc