How successful are you at online poker?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am only wondering if the majority of CC users are profitable or not online? Also, is there a difference in how profitable you are on different sites?

My ROI is around 600% (What I earned as oppose to what I invested in online poker from my own pocket). Regardless, the amount is rather small compared to what I can create and earn live. This is mainly due to having CC to boost my BR and recently to start it from scratch.

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the first month of the game while only freerolls, the highest possible place somewhere in the top 500 of 4 thousand participants

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Their performance is very good, 600%, their winnings are already above pokeronline average.

I am only wondering if the majority of CC users are profitable or not online? Also, is there a difference in how profitable you are on different sites?

My ROI is around 600% (What I earned as oppose to what I invested in online poker from my own pocket). Regardless, the amount is rather small compared to what I can create and earn live. This is mainly due to having CC to boost my BR and recently to start it from scratch.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi Boz
i lose most times
when i started poker may 2018, i use $500usd for deposit into 5 poker places, i still playing in each one, never need place another deposit
some even have greater than start
much thanks for cardschat, i able occasional win tiny bits

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Online my gain I consider it profitable since I started from scratch before making my first deposit and I consider myself a pretty good player in the online game.
but as you say the gain is greater when playing live since the variance does not condition you since in the live player more is the reading of the opponents

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, I play poker only in freerolls, so I do not actually spend money on the game. Moreover, lately, I have been gradually increasing my bankroll. But in any case, poker is just a hobby for me.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ,I´m happy with the money I´ve won in the 3 poker sites I play in(pokerstars,888 and party poker)..I´ve had to make small deposits in order to withdraw my winnings not because I´ve lost my bankroll.Debit card requirement:).Good luck to everyone!

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make money online

I guess I’m not that good, I was playing in freerolls most of my life but lately I have made a couple of deposits an broke in but deposits.lol I love the game.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure I would be much more successful if I pay more attention to it improving my skill and playing more hands...

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ,I´m happy with the money I´ve won in the 3 poker sites I play in(PokerStars,888 and Party Poker)..I´ve had to make small deposits in order to withdraw my winnings not because I´ve lost my bankroll.Debit card requirement:).Good luck to everyone!

I first started playing online with deposits, probably tripled my investment then lost it all within a day or two (huge leaks in the game). Afterwards CC kicked in so I had bankroll built solely based on CC$ and won some significant amounts that far exceed what I invested.
I am most glad to hear that someone is also profitable online, even by a small margin, gj :)

I'm sure I would be much more successful if I pay more attention to it improving my skill and playing more hands...

That works both for online and live game. Before I was using CC, I was super good at live game, was super talented to spot when someone is super strong or super weak. After CC I have such good theoretical knowledge which enabled me to continue being profitable live, and also to be rather good online :) Keep using the site and the poker strategy section and you'll see the results soon :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can say with confidence that I have never had any cons on any site. In total, for my game I did not lose my money and only got money to withdraw winnings. The largest was $ 3,100 for partypoker, and the rest in detail was no more than 50.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

600% WOW Thats impressive
Mine is 65%
Anything positive is very good for online being that 2 and 3 outers seem to be the NUTZ online.
I may need to ask advice cause my style works GREAT live but online im constantly beat by 2 and 3 outers. Ivecashed out twice this year but compared to live my winnings online are absolutely NOTHING compared to investment!!

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

today is a great day, it is the day I became a winning player on sharkscope

b471097eaeb5c558538365abcf253f31.png

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like online poker, but I find I do not make as much money as live. I find online poker I made money years ago. Now much harder just don't catch what I need to win, or my strong hands don't hold up. Online I think is a hard way to make money, need to luck. I find playing live is a better way to be successful.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
600% WOW Thats impressive
Mine is 65%
Anything positive is very good for online being that 2 and 3 outers seem to be the NUTZ online.
I may need to ask advice cause my style works GREAT live but online im constantly beat by 2 and 3 outers. Ivecashed out twice this year but compared to live my winnings online are absolutely NOTHING compared to investment!!

Yes, 600% seem off the charts, however, only money I deposited from my own pocket counts as investment, while only money I withdrew counts as return of investment.
At some point I stopped depositing, but continued playing through CC, and then had a month of a very good runs where I earned a lot (especially during last SCOOP event). That's why my ROI is insane, only thanks to CC..

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

600% would be great if you put in 10K. Seriously I think most people here have other sources of income and dream of hitting it big in a tourney. Most people looking to learn and hear about success of others. I think all long term users of the forum (over 12 months) would be positive if they look at stakes after first few months.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly try to build bankroll with freerolls, I am losing player and can't stick to bankroll management thats the reason why I don't deposit too often. But in general I can win something if I am focused and take it seriously.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Howdy, I have been playing for a year now and invested about 1500 on two different sites. No luck since the beginning. I haven't put money on in 2 months and don't plan on it :O) Been playing freerolls, learning trying to get a little better. Good luck out there and keep grinding

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
600% ROI

Are you at a downswing ever.I started at average 850% ROI.The hit a downswing to 450%.I was playing same poker.Just a lot of beats.I kept same range and since I was up i entered a lot more tournaments.Next time Im up i may just take a break then come back.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im a small stakes player, made a small deposit, and make small withdraws. Recently Im around 300%, and lifetime its more like 1000%

Last edited:
Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you at a downswing ever.I started at average 850% ROI.The hit a downswing to 450%.I was playing same poker.Just a lot of beats.I kept same range and since I was up i entered a lot more tournaments.Next time Im up i may just take a break then come back.

To further explain why my ROI is that large (as I tried in one of the posts above):

I consider money invested only the money that came out of my own pocket that I deposited.
So if I deposit 30$ and win a CC freeroll for another 20$ my investment is still only 30$.

At some point I stopped depositing (a lot of restrictions in my country so its a real pain to deposit to online poker sites), so my only BR was really being built on what CC offers through freerolls and events.
When I turn that into some bigger amount of money, and when I compare that to what I deposited in total in my lifetime, yes, my ROI is huge.

Regardless, downswings are a huge part of everyone's play online, so it's to be expected.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, I have a good profit in online poker. I invested about $ 100 all the time, won and withdrew a lot more money from the account, I did not calculate the exact amount of money. I did not find differences in different poker rooms. I read a lot and heard from my comrades that PokerStars has the strongest players, a lot of regulars and therefore it’s harder to play there. But if you play correctly and well, then there is no difference in which poker room you play.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I make like $100 a year playing poker. Not enough to live on.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lifetime earnings are positive $11 in 800 plus tournaments. I figure at that rate in about 20 years I will have enough for a new poker set.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I suck at online poker. I have way better results playing live poker. I play a lot tighter game when playing live poker. In the freerolls i look at it like this it's a way to practice different approaches to the game.