Hello! On the start I have profit, but later broke(

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lost two times my bankroll the first 1,5 year, then I deposited $50 and said to myself and a friend that was with me that if I lose these I quit poker. Although I was and am in love with the game from the first moment, I would quit for sure. Did it once with sports betting after two years of profiting but full addicted.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not keeping any bankroll anymore, this is actually the stupidest move you can ever do. Keeping bankroll is good for the poker site but not good for the individual.
Withdrawing any wins and starting all over again from freerolls is what I do for past 3 years. Works well. Withdrawing an buying parts for my machines or new tools for my workshop, and doing some online investments. This is where I prefer to keep my bankroll, because it gives me stable profit with no risks.

First of all you must understand that money is a river, money must flow and generate new money. If your money are laying dead as a bankroll at some poker site then they're not river, they're smelly swamp. Depositing methods are instant, so you can top up your account with 1-2 clicks, so why do you keep money as bankroll at poker site? Remember what happened to FullTilt? It had no money to pay withdrawals.
I personally know a guy who plays poker and keeps his bankroll in different e-currency wallets, he provides e-currency exchange for a fee and his bankroll is growing day by day with no risks. And he's also playing poker with no risks, cause he's also growing his bankroll starting with freerolls.

There is a interesting word - diversification. If you can't split and control your money to have profit then you don't understand the meaning of this word. If you're getting broke in poker and have financial problems in your life - then you must learn how to take care about your money and learn how to let them work for you instead of working for the money. It's quite simple. One of the worlds top investors bough 6 bottles of Coca-Cola when he was very young and sold them for profit. Then he did it again and again. While his friends - other kids, bought toys and bubble gum to chew. This is a simple way to understand passives and actives. Toys and bubble gum are passives - they're not giving any profit, while buying Coca-Cola in one place where it's cheap and selling it in the other place, where it costs more - such processes are called actives. Actives are giving profit.

So the question is: Poker bankroll is one of your passives or one of your actives? If your bankroll is 10K, but you're using only 500 to play, then 500 is your actives, together with your poker skill it's the floating river of your profit, and remaining 9500 is a smelly swamp of your passives. Why not invest 9500 into something that also gives profit, but not realted to poker. Since these money are laying dead as pixels in your cashier window, it's better to see these money as profit generating machine. Or am I wrong?

K

KoreasFinest213

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As everyone telled me before, poor bankroll management. Had a few upswings like this before in which I made from 10$ to $1200 on Pokerstars and same to 1500 on 888. But in the and I lost everything.

Ive gone broke multiple times. And that has all been to TERRIBLE BR Management. I was playing at stakes way to high for my bankroll. And after getting hit with a bad beat or 2, Tilt kicked in and the rest is history lol.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!
Yesterday I did like 14hours aprox playing póker everything was good I started playing on 888Poker Spring Freroll , Roulette Freeroll in both i did the money $6.40 and $2.20 was not bad to start the day...after the midday I started to playing another Spring freeroll and I made the final table I finished 9th $16.60 I was really happy with the results $25.20 free money so I decided to play cash games micro limits 10c/20c in two tables ...after 6 hours session I made $25.20 to $166 for that moment nothing my idea was playing a little more and finish the day I already begin to feel tired :eek: then happens what we call a bad beat AA vs QK I flop a set and a donk player made a straight on the river paying me off flop and turn a gut shut...in one single hand I lost 60% what cost me more than 6 hours to build..:mad::mad::mad::mad:. Maximum Tilt then I did try to get my money back and when you rushing you do more mistake AQ vs AK we both flop A and lost All...so the end of the day my account is in 0 again..:(:(. Time to rebuild again.

Never - deposited $500 two years ago. Never had to deposit again.

J

jamesbooch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel the only times i go bust is when i make a withdrawal... that is what makes me feel suspicious

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!
Yesterday I did like 14hours aprox playing póker everything was good I started playing on 888Poker Spring Freroll , Roulette Freeroll in both i did the money $6.40 and $2.20 was not bad to start the day...after the midday I started to playing another Spring freeroll and I made the final table I finished 9th $16.60 I was really happy with the results $25.20 free money so I decided to play cash games micro limits 10c/20c in two tables ...after 6 hours session I made $25.20 to $166 for that moment nothing my idea was playing a little more and finish the day I already begin to feel tired :eek: then happens what we call a bad beat AA vs QK I flop a set and a donk player made a straight on the river paying me off flop and turn a gut shut...in one single hand I lost 60% what cost me more than 6 hours to build..:mad::mad::mad::mad:. Maximum Tilt then I did try to get my money back and when you rushing you do more mistake AQ vs AK we both flop A and lost All...so the end of the day my account is in 0 again..:(:(. Time to rebuild again.

I got busted out on AKo yesterday. Went all in and lost to QQ. It’s hurt like a goodun but it was only a $4 loss.

I’m actually writing a blog post for it today and about how not to play AK.

Scott

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that hapens for playing outside of bank, whenever I played cash games I lost everything. this happens for playing outside bank

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gone broke online exactly 54 times. LOL. I'm just kidding, but I've actually lost count now.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gone broke online exactly 54 times. LOL. I'm just kidding, but I've actually lost count now.

I always play cash games and only really went broke when I was starting out! It’s all about bankroll management!

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that hapens for playing outside of bank, whenever I played cash games I lost everything. this happens for playing outside bank

As you say, you need to stick to the limits of your bankroll and play within that. :)

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always periodically, all that you win, it does not matter what amount, with the same success the day did not work out, so you lose. Never in all the time playing online poker did not withdraw above $ 50. A couple of times brought and then also made a Deposit. The result is only negative.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I have not but I am very conservative when I play so that could be why

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i lost many deposits due to lack of BR Mangement

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have broken several times many times because of my mistake, others because of some unexplained bads, others because of fatigue too, but there are majorities of those that increase the buy in and try more expensive games that are not used to playing

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All that I have to say is that I'm broken too.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many times than I'd like :) I'm actually always broke but im giving up :)

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude, this is every day for me. win, badbeat, tilt, broke.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!

i'm sorry that happened to you, i've lost count how many times i went broke. I actually quite poker for a few years because of it. Since i been back in about 2016, i did eventually get better. Keep going and you'll also get better.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm sorry that happened to you, i've lost count how many times i went broke. I actually quite poker for a few years because of it. Since i been back in about 2016, i did eventually get better. Keep going and you'll also get better.

True story that!

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know how many times i went broke, I was like you build a roll the day your playing and lose it all later on because of "tilt", buuuuttt we learn from our mistakes and move on, I myself have never made a deposit on these sites, my roll is from freerolls.
1. know when to stop
2. game selection(this should be first, idk why i put it here?)
3. stay away from cash games on 888, really
4. Mental state

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!
dont feel bad you made money on free rolls i dont like to play that many hours but play cash games every day i play 20 a week going up limits if im wining i am also playing short deck so hands get a littel fierce but it doesnt matter if you keep getting better come play 6+ at acr youll see me there:cool: