How many times were you going to quit playing online poker?

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not once. Never intended to quit playing. I play for fun, so I was never going to quit what brings me joy :)
I had long forced breaks, but it was due to my health and the long process of treatment and recovery.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Grew up playing some kinda card game/poker and jokingly have quit 100's of times I'm sure lol. Seriously considered it never not even a second thought. Have had to take breaks as real life can be a real pain in the ass now and again. But quit I'd never completely quit such a fun, good and relaxing hobby.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I have honestly quitted about 10 times.

But you don't quit poker - poker quits you.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Twice I left it for periods of a few months, one of them was due to frustration of losing at the low limits and the other was for work reasons.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Not even once!
Yes, you have bad days - poker kicking your a$$ off, you play great, but nothing goes on your way...

Then I take a break, that's not quitting - little break is ok.

I adore poker + I'm never going to quit, it's so much fun!

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was going to quit smoking probably more than 200 times. Unfortunately, it was not possible to quit. Smoking is a bad habit. Do you consider poker a bad habit?
For me, poker is just fun, I never thought about quitting. If I have free time and a good mood I play, if I have no mood or free time I don't play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Only once after black Friday. I played o what i could then actually game up the game. It only lasted a month. lol

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I never gave up playing poker, especially because I'm sure you'll have bad phases in poker sometimes, because there's a lot of variation.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I didn't even think about quitting poker because it's a very great game and convenient for many players that still makes money. I think I'll be playing this game for many more years and this game will not change and will be just as great and we'll be glad that poker exists I want to win a very large amount of money just to switch to poker completely and only play poker

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Never, sometimes it's good to take a break but not to quit. When you take a break from the game, you come back with a clear head and continue playing calmly.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me. Sometimes I take breaks, but I've never thought about giving up playing altogether.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I have not had that thought, poker for me is everything and I will never leave it, it is my favorite sport.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have quit temporarily for a month or two before as it can become is a grind, and it’s a good idea to take a break from time me to time for your mental health. One needs to be careful and not get addicted to playing games online.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I had this thought yesterday when "AQ" defeated my "KK" on the 3rd hand of a $1,250,000 money guarantee tournament on poker stars. I even wanted to write to Poker Stars support and express my dissatisfaction with the unfair play. :mad: But then I calmed down, played well in our biathlon poker tournament and went to sleep. And already with new goals for this week I am getting ready to conquer the poker peaks! :poop::ROFLMAO:

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
After one or two big bad beats, I always remember that I should stop, and then of course I can get myself to play again the next day.
I'm not addicted, I don't play every day, I prefer Cardschat freerolls, poker remains a hobby for me.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I stopped playing poker several times. My longest break lasted about 6 months, but this is due to the lack of free time due to work.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never planned to quit playing poker. But it often happened by itself and I didn't play it several times for a long period of time)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I quit several times, sometimes for several months, but always returned to the game. I think this happens when you are temporarily unemployed and there is no permanent job. Poker sometimes helps relieve depression and forget about problems. I really wanted to become a professional and devote a lot of time to the game, but finances do not allow it.