ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Because of depositing minimal deposit all the time. My bankroll comes to zero fast.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only lost my bankroll once. It really hurt, cos I'd built it up from literally zero - I'd earned some free micro-tournament tickets on a free tuition website, cashed in a couple of them and then built it up from there. I thought I was gonna be one of those rare success stories you hear about - "local lad builds bankroll from zero to zillionaire!" - but then one day I went on tilt and lost it all in just a couple of hours. It hurt so much that I took a long break from poker, only getting back into it again this year.

O

onelovebeach

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost many bankrolls online. I like to gamble so I don’t stick to a brankroll management strategy and build bankrolls of $500-$1000 and then end up losing them taking shots in high buy in tournaments. It’s a good thing Cardschat has so many good tournaments it allows me to do this without having to make many deposits.
Lost it to many times, but still learning.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many times but not for poker, I lose because I bet on sports, tried to have a good time ,, is always always managed to make a good bankrool so I take it as fun both

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You never lose! Either you win, or you learn. There is no such thing as losing. ;)

O

onelovebeach

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Played the PKO main Event freebuy now and got busted. He went All-In with 99 from hj, i called with QQ from the Button.Flop: 3-9-7. So my Question is what do you think about being dominant, does it pay off always?

O

onelovebeach

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Champion

Made the first place on ACR with 959 Players and won the 6$ Dollar Ticket for the other Venom Step. Have to make the other steps to the 6.000.000$ :) wish me luck!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately,I never lost my bankroll..I lost more than half of my bankroll once.It was a sport bet..But, I have happily recovered some of the money I had lost.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I stopped making deposits after I lost a grand plus in quick time.
Now I win free rolls and play cash games.
I keep losing everything I had in cash games.
I do win when I play SnG but I get attracted to cash games and end up losing all the money.

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately i lost count of the times i lost my bankroll, i'm very discouraged by the bad beats i've been taking, i think i should give poker time to put my mind in order

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well after 12+ years I have never deposited my own money to play poker.
But I have lost my very first poker money $50 in cash games, which I had gifted by pok****egy.com as starting bankroll. (They are not giving such offers since years anymore.)

It was my very first experience of how quickly money could be gone in poker, if you don't know what you're doing. And how expensive it can be playing without Bankroll Management.

Since I lost it, I started to grind freerolls like crazy, anything I could find to play for free to win some small money to add in my bankroll. When I've collected my first $20 I started to play the lowest SNG I could find - $0.12 back those days on PKR. Then I grinded them like crazy, keep mixing them with Freerolls. Slowly but surely I could build up my bankroll to play on higher limits.

I always stick to Bankroll Management, there is no question about it. If I wouldn't do that, I wouldn't climb any limits ever and still would be playing only freerolls. So if you're serious about poker and you want to approach to play higher limits, there is no way to avoid Bankroll Management. It's essential and every pro would agree with that. :deal:

p.s. I like the comparison poker with business. For running a business well and successful you need a good business plan, right? Well, Bankroll management is the business plan for your "little poker business". And who knows, maybe someday it won't be little anymore. ;)

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times but by little things and still I hope that someday I will win a bank that will satisfy me

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times but then i did it again bankroll

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never lost my bankroll. I started with freerolls and worked my way up to small tournaments.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you consider a single deposit your bankroll then i lost a bunch of them...

But since poker is a game with high variance i rather think of my bankroll as the money that i am willing to pay for poker over a longer period.

Say you are willing to invest 50 bucks a month for poker as your hobby and you can imagine to stick to it for a year. Your bankroll would then be 600 bucks. So losing your first deposit of $50 would not be the same as losing your BR...

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup at least 10 times. its getting pretty old

J

jrsilvamg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
É muito importante dividir seu dinheiro em vários torneios, pois nem sempre sai vitorioso e, portanto, perco, gosto de ter entre 20 e 30 entradas para ter um equilíbrio tranquilo.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the time :D I cant stick to bankroll management and bust most of the time. But i withdraw some bigger hits too so not that bad

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I withdraw often and don't keep money as br... I leave small amounts, so around 100 times [emoji14]

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited $100 on pokerstars and ran it up to $280 playing 144 man $4.40 S&Gs. Finished 2nd in a $10 tournament and won $1880. Spent approximately $750 on training. Made a $200 deposit on party poker and ran both sites up to $12K. Got the money off the sites before "black Friday". My PT ROI was 92%.

Started playing on ACR 5 years ago and my ROI is 24%. Haven't put in the volume there because of the crazy bad beats. I saw occasional bad beats on Stars and Party but they occur at an absurd rate on ACR.

You're playing against the players on Stars and Party. On ACR, in my opinion, you're playing against the players and ACR.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello! When I started playing poker, it was 2010-2012. I lost $ 1,000 for six months. made small deposits of up to $ 30. After that, I excluded myself by blocking my account! Now I play like you. And how do you manage to accumulate? how not to enter the game for money. 5 years is a lot!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

B

Bruno Ribeiro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost 3 times my bankroll, every time i had a bankroll of 50 $ or more, never deposited, every time i built my bankroll in freerolls

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-5 times but I have deposited less than 100$ online only in the recent 3-4 years.

B

BrazilBrazil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never had a big bank, lately just free games, to stabilize myself in the game, but I don't intend to play professionally.:D

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management