How can I view the 10,000 hands that were played by an AI bot, I believe it was facebook's Pluribus?

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's been news lately of at least 2 AI projects where the bots were able to defeat the best players in the world in NL holdem 6-handed. One of them said they played 10,000 hands. Can those hands be viewed somewhere, downloaded, or whatever?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
If there has been news then I have missed it completely :(
It is safe to assume that those hands are not available to the public. Viewing those hands would probably do very little good for anyone since AI adapts to the way an individual plays. How it beats a pro is probably very different from how it would beat me, or some other average player.

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there has been news then I have missed it completely :(
It is safe to assume that those hands are not available to the public. Viewing those hands would probably do very little good for anyone since AI adapts to the way an individual plays. How it beats a pro is probably very different from how it would beat me, or some other average player.
Yep, after watching awhile I realize it would do me no good whatsoever to play more like Pluribus. Haven't they done some kind of similar experiment against lesser players?

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There's been news lately of at least 2 AI projects where the bots were able to defeat the best players in the world in NL holdem 6-handed. One of them said they played 10,000 hands. Can those hands be viewed somewhere, downloaded, or whatever?
Look, I really don't believe in this about programs that can beat a Pro. For the simple reason that the player's skill and cunning is not the processor's.
And I always give the same answer to this question.
In chess, when Kasparov faced the big machine, he won.
If I remember correctly in the last game of Kasparov's victory 4 to 2, in an almost fatal attack of the processor, Kasparov made a move moving a pawn that left the processor completely out of position, and the move ended in the victory of the Russian.
So well, whoever believes in processors is fine, I accept it, at least I don't think so.
My regards, brother:):):)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Remember a good few years ago a poker program was able to beat some pros at limit holdem, I think it might've been HU actually, but not heard any recent news on this topic.

Will have to look into it!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Look, I really don't believe in this about programs that can beat a Pro. For the simple reason that the player's skill and cunning is not the processor's.
But it's already been done. (research 'Pluribus' & before this, 'Libratus')

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes brother @poker hole I understand you.
But well, I would like this machine or these machines, to see them play not 10,000 but 600 hands live in a table of 6 against Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, Daniel Negreanu, Nacho Barbero and our Pro partner Ashley.
There I would understand that the machine is a genius.
I wish I could give it to see it hahaha
Greetings:):):):)

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I always give the same answer to this question.
In chess, when Kasparov faced the big machine, he won.
If I remember correctly in the last game of Kasparov's victory 4 to 2, in an almost fatal attack of the processor, Kasparov made a move moving a pawn that left the processor completely out of position, and the move ended in the victory of the Russian.
So well, whoever believes in processors is fine, I accept it, at least I don't think so.
My regards, brother:):):)
That was a long time ago since Kasparov beating the big machine. Since then computers are better, far far better than any grandmaster. A full 200 - 300 rating points stronger than the best player in the world, Magnus Carlson. Unbeatable at chess.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
That was a long time ago since Kasparov beating the big machine. Since then computers are better, far far better than any grandmaster. A full 200 - 300 rating points stronger than the best player in the world, Magnus Carlson. Unbeatable at chess.
Yes brother, I know that and you are right.
But don't forget that this is poker, not chess.
In chess there is practically no cunning.
And the machine against the best player in the world in chess, will make the most appropriate moves today so that he has practically no way of beating him.
Poker is different.
Perhaps it is likely that in the number of hands he can beat you because he is a machine and he does not get mentally tired.
Do you think that if you hide a KKK set from early position, and the machine from late position has sets of 777, what do you think the machine will do??? You check and the machine will bet you until the end.
For that reason I gave my understanding. I want to see the machine play a night of hands like in Hubble but against the 7 or 8 players in the world, to see if it wins.
If he does it that way, well then I'll give up and end up convinced that the machine wins over everyone.
Greetings:):):)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands