Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has anyone every been trolled and followed by a player? Several months ago a player started on me. The interesting part is they know me, How do I know this? Well they made it clear where they knew me from in there comments and let me know as well. Considering the type of person I am its a shock to me the level of the attacks.

Now I dont overly care and never once responded to them but some of there comments were clearly to try to tilt me and or embarrasses me at the tables. Thankfully I did not see them for a few months but the recently found me at the table again. I had just lost a big pot in the tournament when i saw the comments in the chat and this was the day they crossed the line with me. Again I never said a word and sadly went out shortly afterwords.

Every player has a right to say what they want and do what they can within reason to try to tilt a player but again this player crossed a line he should not have with me. I just wish I know who he was. I would still not say anything but it saddens me that someone would actually do this. I know I will never know why or who he is and I am fine with it. Just wonder why its gotten personal.

I heard a poker saying once and I think it a good one and one this person should hear.

Don't tap the glass. It scares the fish and agitates the sharks.

My friends problem is this, He cracked the glass and saw the fish go and hide but what he takes as a fish could be a baby shark and when he gets bigger it will bit him in the ass. I maybe a very small in the poker world but he has set a fire in me I have not had in a while.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't worry about it. Everyone had it at least a couple of times. There are assholes everywhere, just ignore'em

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't worry about it. Everyone had it at least a couple of times. There are assholes everywhere, just ignore'em

I'm not to worried about it but more shocked by it and where they came from. Love to know who it is but it will never really matter.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guess they really don't know you Ken,your a pretty unflappable poker player, someone like me yes it would get under my skin,have a hard time biting my tongue at the best of times, that's why I like full contact poker,never heard you utter a bad word ever at a table Ken ,person must be a real chump, lol wasn't me was it :)

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am sorry that you have had this experience and I know, you can just do nothing than standing there puzzled with an open mouth sometimes about such people. And you are just wondering, what is going on. :O
And I guess, only educated people and somehow normal people make thoughts about this.

But yes, there are so many trolls around in the internet and also so many unpleasant people around and also at the tables. I just can recommend you ignore them, report them and do not worry further about them.
There is no other way to deal with them in poker or poker rooms in my opinion.
Also in the CC freerolls, if you are playing them, just report them to get rid of such unpleasant people. They should not belong to our community in my opinion.

And yes, I was trolled too already, of course...

Last edited:
C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I appreciate the story Ken. I've been working on my anger management skills and you're an inspiration!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Guess they really don't know you Ken,your a pretty unflappable poker player, someone like me yes it would get under my skin,have a hard time biting my tongue at the best of times, that's why I like full contact poker,never heard you utter a bad word ever at a table Ken ,person must be a real chump, lol wasn't me was it :)

They dont know me well that is for sure Frank. Loosing my cool or tilteing would not be helpful and There are times i could say something at the table but I would rather treat people the way I want to be treated. Just who I am. :)

I am sorry that you have had this experience and I know, you can just do nothing than standing there puzzled with an open mouth sometimes about such people. And you are just wondering, what is going on. :O
And I guess, only educated people and somehow normal people make thoughts about this.

But yes, there are so many trolls around in the internet and also so many unpleasant people around and also at the tables. I just can recommend you ignore them, report them and do not worry further about them.
Also in the CC freerolls, if you are playing them, just report them to get rid of such unpleasant people. They should not belong to our community in my opinion.

You really have me on the puzzled and open mouthed and wondering whats going on. That's what bothers me the most is its just so random .

There is nothing I can do and i am just going to ignore him as I have in the past. I found a way to not see the chat and will just keep it that way on that site. If it was on a CC free roll I would have reported him but sure I would not have had to as someone probably would have for me. They do not belong in our community I agree but based on his comments I suspect its possible.

I'm sorry its happened to you as well. I know it happens online but its something very odd to me.

I appreciate the story Ken. I've been working on my anger management skills and you're an inspiration!

Wow and thank you. I'm honored.Not sure how you feel about meditation but it was suggested to me many years ago. I gave it a very wary shot and was shocked to find it helped me a ton. I also listen many night to meditation music in the background as I play. Its helps me.

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ours is a very uncomfortable situation.
I knew from the time I was playing live and I was starting poker and I didn't really know how the rules worked and the guys at the table started to make fun of me and make jokes and I just wanted to learn how everything was going back then. Remember I was traumatized by that and stopped going to the place to learn how to play properly and in my first comeback tournament I made a final table with one of these guys and beat him at HU.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
Oh, that's really terrible. People play poker primarily to have fun, have a good time and naturally increase their pot as a result. People who behave the way you described clearly don't enjoy the game. Therefore, they will not be successful. Wasting emotions, time and energy on trolling, they will simply make mistakes more and more often. It is really very unpleasant to be the center of such attention. I hope you will get past this in the future. :eek:
As for me? It passed me by. Although one person threw insulting phrases at me while playing SNG, but it didn't really bother me and in the end he lost.
P.S.: In general, I am shocked that you were trolled, because you are always positive, responsive and kind.:eek:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was trolled sometimes long time ago
Since then I close all chats and I do not talk anymore at tables

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can try to troll this player in response) but it's better to just ignore

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mean like they recognize your picture and they're threatening to beat your dog that they know the name of or burn down a certain shed in your backyard?? lol.

Anyway, I get on folks all the time but its never personal or evil but on how they play. I've only been here a short time and I like most of your posts and I don't think I've played you on ACR or if I did then don't remember you as someone going out of your way to ruin my games.

You have to do some really bad donk plays to make me even turn on the chat. Unless you go out of your way to play bad and ruin a game then I wouldn't say anything anyway.

And it won't be some silly stupid banter like you've got stinky pants or some crude blah blah blah jibberish but something like: "I think that was a silly play because XYZ" and I'll open the dialogue if folks want to talk about hands right there while we're playing.

Some folks will say something silly like you shouldn't talk shop when we're playing or some nonsense but to me that argument doesn't make sense since we'll talk about it on the message boards and it makes more sense to discuss things when they happen right then and there.

If your site has a mute feature then mute them or just turn off the chat if you don't like what they have to say but sometimes folks will make you aware of things that you're doing and help you out even if its not presented in the manner you like. But if its just crude nonsense then yeah, just mute or ignore them. Its not worth your time going back and forth with them when they're not adding anything to the conversation or not trying to help you.

GL

Last edited:
VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

There is this type of player at all tables and tournaments, however you have to learn to read their cards or possible hands to beat them

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sure, I've been trolled. I'd call them "my fans from Hell". I really like it when they would talk sh!t after they're knocked out in all GREENISH CAPS, "DONKEY". I'd reply, "railbird". Aaahhh, the good old days.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I knew from the time I was playing live and I was starting poker and I didn't really know how the rules worked and the guys at the table started to make fun of me and make jokes and I just wanted to learn how everything was going back then. Remember I was traumatized by that and stopped going to the place to learn how to play properly and in my first comeback tournament I made a final table with one of these guys and beat him at HU.

I know how you feel. First time playing live there was a player riding me a bit but thankfully others at the table put him in his place.

Hello! :ciao:
Oh, that's really terrible. People play poker primarily to have fun, have a good time and naturally increase their pot as a result. People who behave the way you described clearly don't enjoy the game. Therefore, they will not be successful. Wasting emotions, time and energy on trolling, they will simply make mistakes more and more often. It is really very unpleasant to be the center of such attention. I hope you will get past this in the future. :eek:
As for me? It passed me by. Although one person threw insulting phrases at me while playing SNG, but it didn't really bother me and in the end he lost.
P.S.: In general, I am shocked that you were trolled, because you are always positive, responsive and kind.:eek:

Thank you for the kind words Chica. I think your right to be honest. They dont enjoy the game but enjoy being rude and mean. No worries as I will just take there chips if possible. I was pretty shocked as well. I know there are people who do that but its not in my nature to be that way and someone doing that to me just was so shocking and for the life of me I have no idea why they would be doing that. I would love to figure out who it is just to ask why? Oh well, what can we do.

I have been doing that lately. I normally do look at the chat so I wont miss it. Good advice mate.

you can try to troll this player in response) but it's better to just ignore

I wish I was that way but i am not. I am ignoring him and turned off the chat on that site.

You mean like they recognize your picture and they're threatening to beat your dog that they know the name of or burn down a certain shed in your backyard?? lol.

Anyway, I get on folks all the time but its never personal or evil but on how they play. I've only been here a short time and I like most of your posts and I don't think I've played you on ACR or if I did then don't remember you as someone going out of your way to ruin my games.

You have to do some really bad donk plays to make me even turn on the chat. Unless you go out of your way to play bad and ruin a game then I wouldn't say anything anyway.

And it won't be some silly stupid banter like you've got stinky pants or some crude blah blah blah jibberish but something like: "I think that was a silly play because XYZ" and I'll open the dialogue if folks want to talk about hands right there while we're playing.

Some folks will say something silly like you shouldn't talk shop when we're playing or some nonsense but to me that argument doesn't make sense since we'll talk about it on the message boards and it makes more sense to discuss things when they happen right then and there.

If your site has a mute feature then mute them or just turn off the chat if you don't like what they have to say but sometimes folks will make you aware of things that you're doing and help you out even if its not presented in the manner you like. But if its just crude nonsense then yeah, just mute or ignore them. Its not worth your time going back and forth with them when they're not adding anything to the conversation or not trying to help you.

GL

LOL nothing that bad. I dont mind banter and most comments or someone being silly. They dont bother me for the most part. I also rarely ever say anything unless I know the person in the CC game. Just really wish I understood why they were doing this. I must of won to many other they chips is it. :) LOL. I have turned off the chat on that site so he wont bother me again.

Sure, I've been trolled. I'd call them "my fans from Hell". I really like it when they would talk sh!t after they're knocked out in all GREENISH CAPS, "DONKEY". I'd reply, "railbird". Aaahhh, the good old days.

My fans from Hell. That's great and what I will call him from now on.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Thank you for the kind words Chica. I think your right to be honest. They dont enjoy the game but enjoy being rude and mean. No worries as I will just take there chips if possible. I was pretty shocked as well. I know there are people who do that but its not in my nature to be that way and someone doing that to me just was so shocking and for the life of me I have no idea why they would be doing that. I would love to figure out who it is just to ask why? Oh well, what can we do.
I'm probably going to write a very rude phrase now, but very vital:
"Don't touch the shit and then it won't stink."
This is not a literary saying at all, but I often adhere to it. If someone really does something disgusting, it's a bad person and it's easier to let go of this situation and not lower yourself to his level, forcing out the relationship. It is necessary to move on, and the one who did wrong - let him live with it.
I believe that such people will be punished by life and there is no need to waste time on them at all.
P.S.: Just forgive me for this rude phrase.:eek:

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you should worry about that, because there are many players who are known at the tables and live and still play a good game. table, but this is a controversial issue that would give another post. You can also choose a nick not so known in the next sites that play anyway don't let yourself down lol:D

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm probably going to write a very rude phrase now, but very vital:
"Don't touch the shit and then it won't stink."
This is not a literary saying at all, but I often adhere to it. If someone really does something disgusting, it's a bad person and it's easier to let go of this situation and not lower yourself to his level, forcing out the relationship. It is necessary to move on, and the one who did wrong - let him live with it.
I believe that such people will be punished by life and there is no need to waste time on them at all.
P.S.: Just forgive me for this rude phrase.:eek:

LOL I think its a good one and not rude at all Chica. I agree there is no need to waste mt time on them Karma will take care of that one. :)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone every been trolled and followed by a player? Several months ago a player started on me. The interesting part is they know me, How do I know this? Well they made it clear where they knew me from in there comments and let me know as well. Considering the type of person I am its a shock to me the level of the attacks.

Now I dont overly care and never once responded to them but some of there comments were clearly to try to tilt me and or embarrasses me at the tables. Thankfully I did not see them for a few months but the recently found me at the table again. I had just lost a big pot in the tournament when i saw the comments in the chat and this was the day they crossed the line with me. Again I never said a word and sadly went out shortly afterwords.

Every player has a right to say what they want and do what they can within reason to try to tilt a player but again this player crossed a line he should not have with me. I just wish I know who he was. I would still not say anything but it saddens me that someone would actually do this. I know I will never know why or who he is and I am fine with it. Just wonder why its gotten personal.

I heard a poker saying once and I think it a good one and one this person should hear.

Don't tap the glass. It scares the fish and agitates the sharks.

My friends problem is this, He cracked the glass and saw the fish go and hide but what he takes as a fish could be a baby shark and when he gets bigger it will bit him in the ass. I maybe a very small in the poker world but he has set a fire in me I have not had in a while.

Hello my dear! It happens a lot, yes, I've suffered a lot with it and at some time I cared, but with time we learn that we are nothing and we get rid of the ego.
But I can't complain about the tables because I usually take the players seriously with a table of verbal provocations along with the plays, you often end up extracting some information like this!
However while doing this I was laughing behind the monitor, but there are some cases where you feel the opponent's intention is to hurt you personally. That's sad And it hurts them more than it does us.
By the way, excellent saying! I will adopt my philosophy!
In short, did you realize what this generated?
First of all, you can see your advantage over him because, you don't even know who he is. And you are so important to him, or threatening, whatever it is... that he never forgets and uses these devices to fill the lack. of skill he has.
Another question was, he challenged you, and made you look your best, and what's left for him?
A big hug my dear!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
=I had this problem, but I ended up realizing it's so childish, it's a shame.
This question you mentioned live is really true. All live are gentlemen and if they aren't they try to be. Live we separate the men from the boys and most of them wouldn't have the courage to offend face to face!

=If I could say anything constructive it would be, don't try to understand, just watch and accept. You will see that soon all aggressions will be against him, he will be offending whom, when there is not one offended?

=Hello my dear, I had very serious problems with tilt, I can assure you, I was the worst tilted ever!
Do you know what the trick was for me? you don't have to work on it just don't react watch and don't absorb. It is our judgment regarding the fact that it carries the feeling of being offended, if there is no offended person, there is no offense.

=You are not alone, my dear, the feeling of embarrassment live is horrible. good thing that in my case it was in a very small club, imagine if it was in vegas????
Do you want to see how you will identify yourself >
- you forgot to post the BB or SB caught your attention
- You announced your action before your turn came
- you thought you had won a hand and celebrated when you actually lost on the river
- you got up abruptly in a situation that knocked your out and celebrated as if you had won the tournament, but he had started ten minutes ago If you identify yourself ascene

I already did it but I can't stand it because when it's time for the CC frerrollss I want to interact and play with my friends!:)