Fold instead of check

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What can be said about a player who folds when there is an opportunity to check, is this a sign of weakness or vice versa?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🤗
I don't think it's a sign of weakness or vice versa.🤷‍♀️

Personally, I fold if there are a lot of players in the pot and I see that the cards on the flop are stronger than mine, that the opponents may have a straight or flush.
I see that this is not my game, regardless of what will happens on the turn and river. In this regard, I prefer to press fold and take a break while the hand is being dealt.🌺🌺🌺

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would tend to think they aren't paying attention very well, also notice people fold to sitters a lot, it pays to pay attention.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's weird, that doesn't usually happen a lot, but I imagine that if he folds it's because he has a bad hand, he just doesn't want to play it.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a sign of weakness, fold is -EV move compared to check

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why fold when you can check? it only makes sense when there are a lot of people in the pot and you see that your hand has no chance and you just want to finish this hand quickly, because bluffing does not make sense

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you fold when you could check it is probably because you don't want to reveal a weak hand at showdown.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely, this player plays several tables at the same time, and in order not to be distracted by the table where his weak hand immediately discards the cards, I know this because I always play this way myself))

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that this is a sign of not wanting to waste time on a losing hand.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What can be said about a player who folds when there is an opportunity to check, is this a sign of weakness or vice versa?
It is difficult to say, there can be many reasons. But I don't think this is a sign of weakness. Conversely, when a player continues the game with no actual chances, it is, in my opinion, a sign of a lack of skill and experience.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There's no option to fold if you can check online. (PS).
But, anyway, I only fold, exclusively, when don't wanna show my cards down, if I'm underdog.

Last edited:
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would only consider folding if the last card is revealed and I'll be the first one to show my cards (SB/BB) and I don't want them to see with which cards I'm defining the blinds and I'm certain I'm behind.

But that's the only reason I can see myself folding instead of checking.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a sign of impatience, which probably means the other player is on tilt mode. I'm saying this because I've already done this and all the times I was on tilt..lol

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On pokerstars you can no longer fold a hand if nobody has bet. You used to be able to but not anymore. Is this still an option in other poker rooms?

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
doesn´t make any sense to fold if u can check.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think he does not see the point and is afraid to make a mistake

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why fold?? maybe so u wont be tempted to play a crap hand

M

Mihawk1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Was kann man über einen Spieler sagen, der foldet, wenn sich die Gelegenheit zum Check bietet, ist dies ein Zeichen von Schwäche oder umgekehrt?
i think he is a new player or a tricky player and try people with this actions tempt to a trap, One out of 8 players thinks he is bad and maybe falls for your all in fall. My English is not so good sry I try lern better

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello. I understand that it is often strategy. I myself have already ruled it out for AA. that's what makes the difference for great players.

Folding in Poker