Financial Conditions interfere with results?

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm from brazil and I participate in some poker groups on whatsapp, I've seen many Brazilian players complaining that the dollar is much higher than our currency, that the conditions for re-entries and add on, rebuys are unfavorable to Latinos.

How do you see the exchange rate for you in relation to the ability to pay for entries?

Does being a millionaire help you win or lose money in poker?

Last edited by a moderator:
veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
It does affect the limited bankrolls players with re entries or rebuys , and does benefit players with deep pockets. That does nt mean all rich players are winners , infact 90 % of them are losers in their games , you need to perfect your games to win in poker cos players are becomming too good .

As regardingto your thick letters writing mate that s Bold letter. just edit it and click on B sign on top of the box , it will take out that bold clrs.

Best of luck at the table

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It does affect the limited bankrolls players with re entries or rebuys , and does benefit players with deep pockets. That does nt mean all rich players are winners , infact 90 % of them are losers in their games , you need to perfect your games to win in poker cos players are becomming too good .

As regardingto your thick letters writing mate that s Bold letter. just edit it and click on B sign on top of the box , it will take out that bold clrs.

Best of luck at the table
Veltins I'm your fan, thanks for the tip in writing I tried to remove it but I couldn't after selecting it. Thank you for your comment about the rich bankroll, it very much cooperates to build good players, thank you.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I heard this saying once that it is good thing to be rich before sitting the poker table :)
If only lol. I feel it’s a good thing to have a good management of one’s finances in general before playing poker (or gambling in general). Don’t jeopardize your living conditions and don’t gamble with money you can’t afford to lose.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If only lol. I feel it’s a good thing to have a good management of one’s finances in general before playing poker (or gambling in general). Don’t jeopardize your living conditions and don’t gamble with money you can’t afford to lose.
Not playing with money you can't afford to lose is perhaps one of the most important pieces of advice in a poker player's life, congratulations! It is very important to hear and follow this advice.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it always affects decision-making, if you are bankrupt.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My friend the British surely have the most to complain about 🤦‍♂️😂😂 on the 3rd of November 2007 the exchange rate for 1 GBP
Was $2.06 so when depositing £10 on pokerstars we used to get just over $20 which was great! But if you chose to deposit that same £10 on pokerstars as early as 7th October 2022 you would get $11 😢🤬🤬🤬 I mean seriously the dollar is almost equal to the great British pound? What an absolute joke of a world we live in! what a difference a few years make !! We should all get rid of our government’s we might not actually be in this situation with our economy literally dying 🤦‍♂️ Because of fat cat politicians and bankers!! so I really do feel your pain my friend because I also pay a fortune even for re entries 😢🤮 it’s sickening !

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My friend the British surely have the most to complain about 🤦‍♂️😂😂 on to be 3rd of November 2007 the exchange rate for 1 GBP
Was $2.06 so when depositing £10 on pokerstars we used to get just over $20 which was great! But if you chose to deposit that same £10 on pokerstars as early as 7th October 2022 you would get $11 😢🤬🤬🤬 I mean seriously the dollar is almost equal to the great British pound? What an absolute joke of a world we live in! what a difference a few years make !! We should all get rid of our government’s we might not actually be in this situation with our economy literally dying 🤦‍♂️ Because of fat cat politicians and bankers!! so I really do feel your pain my friend because I also pay a fortune even for re entries 😢🤮 it’s sickening !

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️
On the other hand, the prize is in dollars, which makes up for it a lot, I think this question is relative, but I see many Latinos complaining, it's not my case.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My friend the British surely have the most to complain about 🤦‍♂️😂😂 on the 3rd of November 2007 the exchange rate for 1 GBP

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️
My friend, $1 Canadian is like $.76 USD. I haven’t deposited since my initial deposit. Shoot I started in the red because of the exchange rate lol I only play what I earn :)

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On the other hand, the prize is in dollars, which makes up for it a lot, I think this question is relative, but I see many Latinos complaining, it's not my case.
The problem is on pokerstars when you withdraw in pounds they absolutely screw you over on the exchange rate so they literally steal your money!! To explain…For British players it makes no difference when your taking out from them it is discusting and the exchange rate is always stuck in 2007 for pokerstars it is like they are using October 2022 exchange rate when you deposit and only give you $11 for £10 but when you withdraw/convert to pounds they are using 2007 exchange rate but in their favour if that makes sense? So you have $500 in your account for instance but when you try to withdraw they give you £250 …? 🤮🤔 even though you have $500 it doesn’t make any sense at all!! When you should be paid out about £300-£400 At the current exchange rate …. But the treat you like your silly on pokerstars 🤦‍♂️ I don’t know why

Much love To you
Danny
🙏❤️

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The problem is on pokerstars when you withdraw in pounds they absolutely screw you over on the exchange rate so they literally steal your money!! To explain…For British players it makes no difference when your taking out from them it is discusting and the exchange rate is always stuck in 2007 for pokerstars it is like they are using October 2022 exchange rate when you deposit and only give you $11 for £10 but when you withdraw/convert to pounds they are using 2007 exchange rate but in their favour if that makes sense? So you have $500 in your account for instance but when you try to withdraw they give you £250 …? 🤮🤔 even though you have $500 it doesn’t make any sense at all!! When you should be paid out about £300-£400 At the current exchange rate …. But the treat you like your silly on pokerstars 🤦‍♂️ I don’t know why

Much love To you
Danny
🙏❤️
This conversion is very strange, here in Brazil we pay 55.00 reais for 10.00 dollars, that is, the earning of the Brazilian minimum wage is less than 230.00 dollars. If you win a good prize on POKERSTARS, it's good money when you convert.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm from Brazil and I participate in some poker groups on whatsapp, I've seen many Brazilian players complaining that the dollar is much higher than our currency, that the conditions for re-entries and add on, rebuys are unfavorable to Latinos.

How do you see the exchange rate for you in relation to the ability to pay for entries?

I put text in thick letters, sorry I don't know how to remove it.
Maybe it helps to be a millionaire, but I don't know, I've never been...:p

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Much love To you
Danny
🙏❤️
Depends where you’re getting the rate from. I know in canada we have a central bank rate and then each financial institution has a different one. The reason these rates will differ is the trade volume of that currency. So the less the amount is being exchanged, the worse the rate. The central bank bases this rate at a high trade volume where as each institution trades/exchanges far less. Again, this is how it works in Canada so may be different where you are.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello!
In any case, everyone will have different conditions for currency conversion. This cannot be avoided.

I would not say that in our country the exchange rate is very unfavorable, it is unpleasant, but you can live)

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ukraine is in trouble right now, I can't top up the deposit, I'm trying to get out of the hole on freerolls...dollar to hryvnia 1 to 40 (difficult...

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm from Brazil and I participate in some poker groups on whatsapp, I've seen many Brazilian players complaining that the dollar is much higher than our currency, that the conditions for re-entries and add on, rebuys are unfavorable to Latinos.

I put text in thick letters, sorry I don't know how to remove it.

It shouldn't really as the prize is also in dollars, so works both ways.
It should affect game selection as the exchange rate should affect bankroll management and with a weakening currency - helps if you just keep everything poker related in dollars

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
it is much easier to win when you have enough money and are not afraid to lose

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my advice is that you don't play tournaments with re-entry and good luck, because the real is worth nothing in relation to the dollar.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would like more money I would play more expensive mtt