Fear of the badges!

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens when you go to the table and see badges on your opponents, for example, two aces. And you immediately get the impression that you are a pro and it's useless to play, but you still take a risk.This is deceptive or not is it worth paying attention to this map?)

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
You are talking about online poker? And by badges you probably mean their avatar images?

If someone has two aces (or something else intimidating) as their avatar, just let them have it and pay no attention to it. In my experience those opponents who make a big number of themselves are usually the ones I have to worry about the least.

Having an offensive player name or an avatar is just a way to play head games. Don't let it rattle you. If you like you can change your table view to minimalistic appearance (if the poker client supports this option) to minimize any distractions.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm guessing you mean pokerstars badges?

If that's the case, I don't pay attention to them. It means nothing to me, really.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker sites give out badges like Santa gives out candy canes so I don't pay much attention to them.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Getting those badges costs, so yes, it's a bit intimidating, but hey, you have to play your best, I had the opportunity to eliminate a Sunday Million champion, because I faced him when he was short-stacked 😁

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's worth paying attention, but you should only draw conclusions based on how he plays. For example, I sat on a table with an AA prestige person in a dollar tournament, but he played incredibly poorly and was eliminated quite early, from which I deduced that he played 10,000,000 hands and is still at a $1 tournament and playing poorly, that is, unable to improve . Generally, you won't see AA from good players who turn even at low stakes, unless it's in their interest and the table is such that they get an advantage from it, for example, the others get scared...

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's worth paying attention, but you should only draw conclusions based on how he plays.
Exactly. I've seen both. Players with many hands playing very well but others playing very poorly.

So it doesn't mean a lot without any hands you've seen. :)

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It just doesn't matter at all

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It happens when you go to the table and see badges on your opponents, for example, two aces. And you immediately get the impression that you are a pro and it's useless to play, but you still take a risk.This is deceptive or not is it worth paying attention to this map?)
Totally misleading.

There are player strategies that leave 22 on the emblem but outperform AA for a long time.

It's the same as labeling player by country or even profile picture.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These badges for me only mean one thing, the amount of hands the guy played with real money, but it's far from saying that the guy who has, for example, a KK, is a professional player or at least plays well.
These days I played against a guy who had a JJ badge, he limped almost every hand and called a reise with bad hands.
Of course there are AA badge players who play well, but you won't find these guys playing micro staks tournaments or worse playing freerolls.

smuckenfart

smuckenfart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Another interesting question is, if you show your own badge on your profile, why? What does it mean to you, or what do you think it means to others?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
This thread perfect example that some people do fear literally anything then ...

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I pay attention only if there are two threes, two fours. This suggests that the player plays a little at PokerStars. But it is far from a fact that he had not played in another room before.

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you should pay attention as in everything else, analyze and draw your conclusions and based on that use the best strategy you think, now let yourself be intimidated of course not.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Pay no attention to it, only to your cards.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well some will use their badges to seem less experienced it's only how many hands he played doesn't mean he's good. A new account will show low badges and behind a very good player it shouldn't mean anything at most i try to seem inexperienced for other players

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't take players' badges into account. Many players, on the contrary, bet weak 22 so that others think they are weak players. I don't bet mine, but I just watch the players at the table, it's not difficult to identify a strong player at the table.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it matters at all. If a player played a lot of hands that think doesn't make him a good player. And if some players don't update their badge or they hide the badge, this doesn't make them bad players.
The most important is to observe how they play and you can see who plays good or bad

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No fear, no regrets) Cold mind and steel heart :love:

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Perhaps the best solution when you have a lot of distance behind you is to show a badge with pocket deuces (if you wish, you can put a badge of a lower denomination) to appear as a weak regular who is insanely proud of his distance of 5,000 hands. Since the introduction of icons, identifying regulars has become much easier.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think you should ignore it because they are already players who have already played several hands and may have gained a lot of experience in the process. Whether this is also a sign of good games is only known when you have played with them and seen how they play. Having played many hands is not yet a sign of good poker, but it shows that these players are no longer new to poker and therefore you should watch them first to know what kind of player they are.