Everyone is getting so tight

B

brian78347

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the last few months of online play I've noticed that the internet game has become much much tighter. I've been having a difficult time to make consist money online due to the tight play. What is a good counter strategy to the tight players?

Crippler450

Crippler450

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brian78347 said:
Over the last few months of online play I've noticed that the internet game has become much much tighter. I've been having a difficult time to make consist money online due to the tight play. What is a good counter strategy to the tight players?
The internet game overall hasnt changed...unless it has gotten looser with the added publicity

have you moved up in blinds recently?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brian78347 said:
What is a good counter strategy to the tight players?
Moving to Party or Pacific. ;)

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Moving to Party or Pacific. ;)
BAH..... am playing Party right now after a very long break from there and trust me it has tightened up but of course this all relative. online poker as a rule is extremely loose. I am probably just at a somewhat tight table right now

NOW you want a strategy to beat tighter games huh. Yes it is much easier to win money in loose games just wait for a monster and someone will pay you off not much skill there! I actually prefer games that have a mix of tight passive and loose aggressive opponents. Tighter games require knowing when to make a move and when not to. The best move to learn is the semi-bluff.

Last edited:
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brian78347 said:
Tighter? I would still say there are and will be more loose aggresive maniacs playing compared to tighter.

The good strategy though against a tighter player is to be more aggresive. Those tighter players are looking for premium or close to premium hands. Not saying you aren't but you can loosen up a smidgeon or more against a tighter player.

J

juc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at PS a lot, and during some SnG's I find myself at a lot of tight tables. Even at low limits(5$ or so).

The best way I've found is just to be a little more aggresive than usual. Raise it up preflop with an K-10 or something like that. If you can obtain the image of an aggressor at the table, you can easily flip it around later.

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably because everyone jumps on the bad players whenever they pull off a bad beat. Theyre afraid to play bad. I dont get why people do that........

C

COPcreator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you will find you just hit a couple of tight games, it happens. Overall things are the same, especially at the big sites who are constantly getting new players.

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd recommend playing on sites like Pacific or Paradise where you can see the % of players seeing the flop - that'll give you a fair idea as to how tight the table is before you join... and both Pacific and Paradise have plenty of loose tables, so there's no worries on that score.

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One other suggestion with the bad beats from players -when someone gets really, really lucky on the river, automatically post 'NH' or the like... they'll think the table's relatively friendly, be more likely to stay and lose their money again, and the sarcasm doesn't come across in the chat at all :)

I can't say I've found play getting tighter generally - I moved from making a small loss to making a profit... Party may have got tighter since its split from Empire, so if it's specifically Party you're having a problem with, then try a different site, as that's just one specific site, and doesn't represent the norm.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It gets so hard for everyone because online poker has been around for many years and people are learning to adapt and play better

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are always plenty of loose tables at the micros. If only tight-aggressive players are left at the table, then it will be more profitable for the cash game to simply leave the table, and not continue to play with them, because winrate directly depends on whether there are very loose fish at the table ))
Even if there is no poker tracker, then in some rooms you can look at the table statistics, which show the values of the average pot in the hand and the number of players watching the flop in the hand. It is always better to sit down at the tables with the highest possible this numbers. And also constantly look in the lobby to see if the statistics of the tables you sit at have worsened and if even better tables have appeared.