dont blindly trust online material

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the training website husngo there are nash equilibrium push/fold and call charts which they state are unbeatable and unexploitable and best you can do is breakeven. all this is less than 11 big blinds. well i created a python script which plays by these charts and for my surprise it is easy to beat it, just have to play little tighter. ...

bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any publisher who says their poker strategy is "unbeatable and unexploited" smells of one huge scam. lol.

N

Nuts4U

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, poker stars is saturated with bad beats, it is crazy the amount of river cathers

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such thing like unbeatable strategy. Due to the vast variety of players which have very different strategies (and some do not even have strategy at all) you will always face players who play good against your strategy. Add the element of luck and you can be sure that you will always loose sometimes. If you win more often than you loose your strategy is good but not unbeatable. :)

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are these charts the reason we see so much open shoving and 3 bet shoving preflop with weaker hands in the middle stages of low buy in tournaments? It seems like in the last couple of years these tournaments have been less enjoyable. It is amazing what people will get into a pot preflop with, following a raise and a 3bet.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any publisher who says their poker strategy is "unbeatable and unexploited" smells of one huge scam. lol.
I agree. No matter what I read, see and/or hear, I always remind myself of how much luck plays in poker. If it was not for that one factor alone, I would continue to see Phil Hellmuth win wsop every year. I have read a number of books by various pros and writers. I find some interesting and informative. It helps me, like playing freerolls, to learn new ways of thinking and playing the game. Interesting topic.