Does poker get in the way of your day job?

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very strange question, but still. I began to notice that after I started playing poker, my work began to interest me less

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what kind of job one person is working. This can be an issue if you are working in the office or popularly now ''home office'' and you may distract yourself. I think that there is no place for poker while you are working regardless what kind of job it is.

Last edited:
H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very strange question, but still. I began to notice that after I started playing poker, my work began to interest me less
If that's the case then there is definitely something wrong, quit working:D.
Seriously speaking this hobby should not intervene with professional neither with personal life, if does, change something or seek help.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
More like day job gets in the way of poker ...

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Yes, in some cases, the truth is that I am the one who hinders the work, especially if I signed up for a tournament or something else while working. I think that if you love and are good at playing poker, it is good to forget about poker while working because you will not focus or achieve a good result remember, and in order to We do not hold him responsible and make him the cause of creating a problem ;)

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I actually love this question. I have an online 2nd job that I make about $18 for 2 hours of "work" from. I use $5 of that for poker and the rest goes to a separate are for like funny money for the month.

I can tell you 100% for sure I would not play as much poker if I didn't have this 2nd job for it....but I can't stop thinking about the rush of playing even though this biggest pots I get involved in are like $4. hahahah I think about it all the time. I enjoy it more than going out drinking or doing other stuff most people I know do. I have alway enjoyed the solidarity of the game.

As far as getting in the way of my day to day life? Ill be showering and random hands will just pop across my mind. Sometimes making dinner too. I can relate! I think we just always think about a passion of ours. Not strange at all.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker addictive
especially when you see the winnings of others

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My day job and poker complement each other.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, poker is more of a leisure time at the end of the day and on weekends, I don't play during the day.

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this was a problem for me for a long time and i would say i'm still struggling from this , poker is on my mind everyday everytime

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, poker does not interfere with my regular job. I only work 3 days per week, so, I have plenty of time to dedicated myself to my regular job and to play poker.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Since I began to play poker I regularly think about it. And during my studies and now during work I often think about playing poker for a living. I always knew that almost no work would be so enjoyable for me as playing poker. So while it does not interfere with my work, poker still make me dream.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You got it all wrong... yo day job in poker way, now go on.

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a housewife, but poker sometimes distracts me from housework

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

And you go into the СС topic about the RNG and your work will shine with new colors

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunatelly i don't have this kind of problem because i don't work. I can focus on my game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker should not affect your job or there is a problem more lily than not. As for me, I hate my job and rather play poker to be honest. Love what I do but the job is not fun most days anymore. I probably just need a vacation. LOL

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it's the other way around; work is constantly interfering w/my poker time. Oh well, here's to the weekends.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Family comes first, then work, then my hobbies.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is such a joke that if poker interferes with work, then this work should be quit))) well, otherwise I don’t see any problems, you just need to play in your free time and make sure that work and poker do not intersect with each other

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that something new begins to overshadow the old is not surprising. Man has always striven for progress. Maybe when you become ordinary playing poker, you will return the interest in work.

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, it doesn’t bother me in any way and I think for many people poker is work) I choose myself the time that I give poker and I always have all the free time for poker