seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Do you put notes on your opponents?
And I always put it, even if I lose and leave the game in a next tournament I already have enough information about this opponent, this has helped me a lot when I meet them at the tables again.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I always put it, even if I lose and leave the game in a next tournament I already have enough information about this opponent, this has helped me a lot when I meet them at the tables again.

I also always put notes on opponents like "strong limper" or "tight player".

I also like to use colors like:

yellow for the looser.
blue for tight players.
red for good players above my level.

these notes help a lot in future plays or other tournaments.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No but then again should i do that i would use makeshift phrases (on my head) against specific opponents ...

Like for example "he's dumb shit" and so on ...

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, and they have really worked for me, especially since I meet these players daily on satellites, in tournaments there are few that I find who are already with a grade, but I always try to see the opponents' game to write a note that will serve me better. ahead:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't take notes, but sometimes color-tag players. Mainly to know if it's a regular or a recreational player.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Every time you play poker, it's always very important to try and keep an eye on your opponents in order to understand what style they play and what they're capable of. Especially in Texas Hold'em, it is imperative that you know how to play from your opponent and not from your own cards. Thus, you should always try to notice the characteristics of your opponents' game, which will help you in the future in making the most profitable decisions against them. The easiest and most effective way to remember your opponent's playing style in some key spots is to take notes (notes) based on your previous experience with him. Personally, I only keep such statistics on card chat players from platinum level.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I wasn't aware that the notes stay after the tournament.

I don't use that feature yet but maybe I should.

Thanks for the hints. :)

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not so much notes, but I tend to tag colour codes for how good a player is.

I will put some notes if its worth it, for example "shoved 40bb BvB with Rag A7o" which is extremely useful, if we both have 40bb ish stacks. other notes, include, fishes everything.. I tend to barrel them cos they overpay for gutshots etc.. if they fishing for decent draws with decent outs not a worthy not cos they are playing okay poker. as you'd expect a flush draw to stay on the flop at least.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No, I don't take notes on the players, a good player will use different strategies.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I make notes, but I don't think it helps much on micro-stakes poker.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always take notes. The information is very useful for me to exploit weak players.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Notes on other players, never have spent the time to take notes on other players. Mainly because of multi tabling and a decent recall of specific player names and on the fly situational reads.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't take notes on them because maybe it's not their style of play then and I better play my game without knowing anything else

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I recall my frequent opponents. I Never take notes of any.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I make notes about the players. It's more convenient when you know how the opponent can play in the future! For example, I watched a player in the hands and saw him bluffing what bet he puts with a strong hand and bluff, then when we are in the hand with him, I understand where the bluff is and where it is better to throw off my pair!

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Absolutely. I use color coding as well for fish, tight, maniac

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I both color code and take notes. I tend to mark LAGs as red, maniacs as purple, tight player as yellow, fish as green, and LAGFish as cyan. That makes it a lot easier to quickly identify them especially if you don't have a tracker or are playing Zoom or Fast poker where the tracker struggles to keep up.

I'll also keep notes though on notable plays. Not usually for that session but for future ones where I might forget who this player is. I don't go crazy with those though I normally only note if they made a really crazy play or if they suddenly slow played a big hand.

In cash games I take it a step further. I like to periodically go through the regulars on my stake levels and the guys who I see most often I like to analyze their hands and look for holes in their games in a poker tracker. Then I use that to make notes. You could also use something like NoteCaddy for that but I find that making notes in my own terms on the most important stuff is much easier to wade through. I'll just mark things like if they fold often to a three bet, or if they often 4bet bluff with a weak hand. How easy it is to get them off a hand on the river.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Placing notes and marking players will help you in future tournaments.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do and they serve me well. But some players seem to register under new names regularily to fly under my radar ....

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm taking notes about colors at PokerMatch. But I only play pineapple/fantasy there. pokerstars has never heard you can do that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, I think it helps alot.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course! I think that its helps a lot to study your opponents. I think that its works and it will help you in future tables or tournaments 😃

Sorry for my english 😬

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to take lots of notes. These days I pretty much never do. People change, either purposefully or not. I see a lot of commonality among most players, and that’s much more useful to recognize than a few in the moment notes about individual players.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips

That is a good tip to improve your poker, I always put notes to the strongest players, especially those who are used to bluffing. I imagine their surprised face when I beat them.:LOL:

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
every bit of information is vitally important in poker . some sites have thousands of players so its almost impossible to keep track of them mentally .note taking is extremely useful , especially for tournament players . i suppose with a smaller pool of online ring game regulars some people can track them by memory .its much harder than remembering a real face , mannerisms + style from a live experience ; our brains are designed by tens of thousands of years of evolution to be good at that !