Do you prefer to play online poker over live poker?

G

Glazinova

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preference

Live for me. You get a much better experience. I more regularly play online now, due to Covid restrictions, but get more out of a live game.

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love to play poker both Live & Online. Thou my experience seriously out weighs a lot more in the online world over live. I am looking to change that and attempting to try to go live much more going forward.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a lot of poker live in Australia and felt much more comfortable then in online poker. Might be cause I was just 19 and the others put me as an underdog

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play alot of both but live seems to have the greater edge. Cant hide your blatant tells behind a computer if im staring right at you!

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer live poker, it is much more real and I don't trust online poker much lately.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer to play live because you can make good trips with friends at the weekend ,playin Poker and relaxing

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live poker is certainly more enjoyable and profitable in my case however it's hard to beat the accessibility of being able to play any hour at home. Live poker can involve a lot of travel and commitment depending on one's situation. It also leads to other inevitable expenses that one would often rather commit to the entry itself.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to write how I enjoy live poker so much more than online, until I read some responses . . . I do love the accessibility of online particularly given the circumstances we have had to live with for the past year. So I guess there are positives and negatives on both styles of poker.

T

Taliban

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer live I feel like online can drag out sometimes even when there isn't even that much money on the line. There is also more strategy to playing live liking bluffing or just getting in an opponent's head is easier in person. Then the other thing I don't like about online is the crazy hands that you see on there. For example I think I have lost to a 4 of a kind at least 10 time playing online and only one time has this happen live to me. But with that being said I still play online every now and then and do enjoy somewhat.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope . not at all . real live poker = real poker . and i am a lot better in real life . also live poker is not rigged

R

randywalstad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online is way harder but only because you play so many hands

i love the feel of the felt

cash games are a legit way to build your bankroll

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonnybegoode

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer online, mainly because I am hard-of-hearing, and it is just easier to navigate through poker tournaments online. I do miss playing live though, but with masks being required right now, it is impossible to understand people! I also just find it so much more convenient to play online. You avoid driving, waiting for tables, etc. I like that I can easily view everyone's chip counts online and that tournaments move more quickly. I do miss playing with chips and raking in chips when I win a pot and having so many chips that you start coloring up in the cash games.

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live is fun for sure but lack of multitabling and slower gameplay is the reason online poker is better suited to make money.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer, of course, live poker, but nowadays it is quite problematic and difficult, so in this period I play mainly online on sites.

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely live ! It is how I learned the game growing up in my family and with friends in high school..
There are lots of intangible variables to consider that can't possibly be known in online poker ..

Human and table dynamics are much more considered in live poker..

Also I've met a lot of friends who I've met in local poker leagues had drinks with them, dinner with them, very interesting meeting people at live poker..

That being said multi tabling online is a great way to learn the game quicker by simply playing hundreds of times more hands! In an hour, day, night etc

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play live, but nowadays I play online mainly because of the virus. I play MTT tournaments, I like the competitive spirit in them.

silentshowdown

silentshowdown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online of course. Multi Tabling is the reason why!

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer to play live.. mostly because there are no tables anywhere near me

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.every poker game has its pros and cons.in live, it is easier to calculate the opponent, and in online poker, the hands are made quickly.)this is just a small example.

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live is better, i think is easier to know how play your aponents

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I prefer live game! I love staring at people and watch their reactions at table... :D

TPA

TPA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online because of multitabling. Also i hate banter during livd plays.

Organize a Home Poker Game