Do you like that Russians are banned from playing poker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Given that Russians donate money to poker like any other nationality, it's stupid. If anything, just the winning players should have been banned.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Absolutely not agree of banned Russian players at all. Not just in poker, also in any sport or cultural activities. Complete disagree.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think this is unfair.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Something has to be done... Not so long ago, Europe leaders tried to give some land, part of a smaller country, to Hitler, thinking that would stop him... We all know how that turned out... Now, Europe leaders plus the US leaders are making the same mistake, giving some land part of Ukraine, thinking that would stop Russia, but impose sanctions on Russians all over the place. Clearly it's not about what we believe is fair but about what makes them more money.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think its unfair because its the goverment who start the war and not russian people.....its only my opinion

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course yes, they don’t deserve to play and are in the civilized world for what they did to our people!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think everyone can afford to play wherever they want and don't need this permission, it's just because of the war they can't play poker, but it's not their fault because so many people are against the war but because of the leader they have to lose the opportunity to play poker

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i don´t care if the banned or not no difference for me

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I preferred it when Russians could still play, some games nowadays it's not possible to have a high volume of tables due to the lack of Russians on some sites

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
For me it isn’t important, I suppose if you play well you don’t have problems with them, but if they are cheating they should be banned.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, in my opinion, punishments should be restricted to the people responsible for the invasion of Ukraine, especially members of the Russian government, punishing the population that has nothing to do with it.
I don't think it's fair that pollution suffers punishment for mistakes they didn't make.
It's the same case in Palestine, Israel is making millions of innocent people suffer because of the hunt for Hamas extremists.
This is my opinion, each person has the right to have their own.
Of course, the population of Israel and Ukraine cannot be attacked and left without answers either, but punishing an entire country I think is too much.
These companies that block the Russian population will not make the Russian government give up the offensive.
Is it fair if I live in a building if one of the residents kills someone, the police can't arrest the killer because of that, am I going to punish everyone who lives in a building?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unfortunately, the populace is paying the price for their leader's actions. Normally, I would say they are partly to blame for electing him, but it would not surprise me if their elections were rigged.

One of the ways to beat Putin is via their economy. Stop buying the products they export, stop selling them the items they import (or make it much more expensive), stop their citizens from making money. Eventually, the population will start to turn against Putin's government and he will hopefully be forced to change course.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Sucks when you they take the fish away I don't care what nationality they are. In my 20+ years experience Russians and Germans are highest money donators when it comes to online poker. Not to bag and shit on all Russian and German players as I've played against some pretty solid micro/low stakes Russians and Germans over the years online. Most aren't good players though.

I won't speak for mid-higher stakes though. I think a lot of known cheaters over the years come from way out in Eastern Europe and Russian. Again not just to bag on any one nationality cheating at mid-higher stakes is just more likely which is big reason I've never ventured into mid-high stakes online cash. Also have kept my higher stakes MTT play to rather smallish sample size over the last 20+ years.

Cheers!!!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
russian citizens should not be punished for the crimes of their leaders , so Russian poker players should be welcomed back to poker rooms .

I know russians can play at ACR . but can they still play at GGpoker network ??

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe it's becoming more and more typical to exclude Russians from competitions and sports, but I feel that these measures end up affecting people who have nothing to do with their country's politics. No one chooses where to be born, so it seems a bit questionable to deny them entry.
However, from another perspective, event organizers also have the right to decide who they want to let in.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Let them sign up with a 'Special Sign-up Bonus Operation'
Then close their accounts & transfer all of their funds to Ukrainian player's accounts!

Last edited:
jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think maybe a reason is to be sure that the russian government doesn't use poker site (or gambling) to get access to other country money or money laundering

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Russians are not like normal people. Russians are a people who are used to slavery, a people who will never be free, it's already at the genetic level and you can't do anything about it. Slaves don't have to play poker, and they don't have to have fun at all, because they just don't have time for it. All their time should be spent only on slave labor to satisfy the needs of their king, and on breeding to replenish his army.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I believe it's becoming more and more typical to exclude Russians from competitions and sports, but I feel that these measures end up affecting people who have nothing to do with their country's politics. No one chooses where to be born, so it seems a bit questionable to deny them entry.
However, from another perspective, event organizers also have the right to decide who they want to let in.
In some countries people have the right to try to make change. They have a voice and if they don't, then they can try to have one.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The poor Russian Sheeple...From the Czar, to the Bolsheviks, to the Communists, to the Oligarchs, and now Putin et al. We should let them play poker though, they have so little else. Oh and shame for what they are doing in Ukraine! No balls to fight NATO. We would kick their collective asses!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
russian citizens should not be punished for the crimes of their leaders , so Russian poker players should be welcomed back to poker rooms .

I know russians can play at ACR . but can they still play at GGpoker network ??
How do you know that Russians can play at ACR, I think they can still play also.

Nagy has removed the ability to see where players are from, I didn't think much of it until I read this thread, Nagy will do anything to make himself look like he's a guy for the people, while still taking anyone's money. Now we can't see where they are from.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.