Do you have an online poker nemesis?

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I've started playing the same regular tournaments and keep finding the same maniac at my table.

He's got lucky a few times with his all-in style but I have no doubt I will be seeing a lot more of him.

I should be pleased but I have found it a bit frustrating.

Made me wonder if anyone else has had a similar situation.

I play on 888 an usually throw a "rotten egg" when he gets beat - childish I know :D

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, everyone on FRC & leagues games are my nemesis, been battling them these last few years :fight:

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Over the years of playing I came to the understanding that focusing on stuff like this is significantly hindering my game and influence my session in quite a negative way. It is distracting, can be frustrating, may seem unfair, etc - basically you're bottling up these emotions in some way which helps to built tilt / slide from your A/B/whatever-game to a lower one.

So I prefer to not give any attention to the style of play of the opponent or their continuous luck in a way of "judging it" or "punishing it": it's neither in my control nor is my business.

I should focus on my game and my adjustment to the table I'm at. That is what works the best. Although obviously it's not always that easy, and I'm struggling with this at times.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Sometimes I hold a grudge and it can be hard to act professional.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually use this to my advantage when a player get under my skin. When this happens I will usually study the player and see what they are doing so I can play better against them. Don't get frustrated but let it become a way to become a better player.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm now wondering what the other side thinks of you? Probably, he will also count, again this partner is with me in the game )))

Maplepsan

Maplepsan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's essential to be very patient in every tournament. It all depends on your time, but I prefer to play slow and think 2 times before a call or a bet. Anyway, everyone has their own tactics. And all will tell you that their tactics are the best.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, I'm very vocal at home during games! guess during live games I'll have to bite my tongue lol

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I actually use this to my advantage when a player get under my skin. When this happens I will usually study the player and see what they are doing so I can play better against them. Don't get frustrated but let it become a way to become a better player.
I am very sure, that everyone had experiences with such "nemesis". And I really like and appreciate your attitude about this. This makes absoluteley sense to me.
I often start to avoid tables, where I see such a Nemisis, but of course in MTTs it is not always possible. Of course recocnising patterns of the oponent will help.
Do you have any good recommendations about this and your study?

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it can be really frustrating, but don’t bother, try to play your best game, mark them, and good results will come.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A strange case. How many years have I been playing but there has not been a case of meeting a player who has played before at the same table with me. Probably because I'm mainly a tournament player.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I have no enemies, but I have rivals with whom I sometimes meet, the more interesting the game proceeds, something like a duel is going on

Robsant

Robsant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the time of the game everyone is my enemy but when it is over we will all celebrate kkkkkkk🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everybody.

I particularly believe that in poker, as well as in life, the only nemesis that we are going to find is ourselves.
Regarding manic players who occasionally get lucky at the tables we play and cross them more than once, I recommend looking up their nick on sharkscope.
You will see that the vast majority of the time they are very losing players.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im always looking for same players playing with me and make notes about their bad play. Not that i need some revenge but that if sombody play bad then i wil try to take advantage of that.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I'm always looking for same players playing with me and make notes about their bad play. Not that I need some revenge but that if somebody play bad then I will try to take advantage of that.
The problem with that is that the bad players occasionally have a decent hand.

I love getting into pots with the members that like to limp into almost every hand. :D

:)

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with that is that the bad players occasionally have a decent hand.

I love getting into pots with the members that like to limp into almost every hand. :D

:)
Yeah even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut.
Yes limpers are great and calling stations. And over aggro folks too. Have a strat ready to punish every single one of them :D