xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone,

I have been playing a lot of the Sundays Squeezes (cashed all of the ones I have played but haven't gotten super deep yet. -- fingers crossed that today is the day) and I was thinking that while this not a "new" format...there have been lots of satellite type things where you win your way up into bigger tourneys...but this is kind of different. You play day one to a certain level and there are a bunch of other flights. So, then on Day 2, instead of starting a new tournament, you continue with the stack that you accumulated on Day 1 and the blinds continue to progress. I find myself really liking this format. I have entered Day 2 with varying stack sizes from 22 BBs to almost 100. In my qualifying heat for today I finished first in the qualifier but am ranked 39th going into the tournament. I don't know exactly why, but I just feel like I have a lot vested when I go into this type of tournament and not that I am coming into something new. Anyone else out there agree, or do you hate having to qualify and then wait days to play?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Personally, I've avoided these types of van satellites more or less until now, but I've thought of giving it a try a couple of times. In general, however, I don't play as often or hardly any satellites for other tournaments. Usually when I played a satellite, the goal tournament had already started or would start soon. I wish you good luck at the tables

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its a fine concept, because it makes it more manageable to play a big MTT. In the one, you mention, day 1 last 3 hours + breaks, and day 2 is then correspondingly shorter than a normal MTT with the same structure and field size. I actually played the Sunday Squeeze yesterday, because I kind of accidentally satellited into day 1 without knowing, what it was. I am not going to do it again, because day 2 begin 5 minutes past midnight in my time zone, which is way to late. But it went well, since I turned 1,65$, or whatever the SnG satellite cost me, into 60$. For people living in America, or maybe in Asia without having to go to work monday morning, its a great tournament.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 day tourneys it's a hard long way to some good or even way better amount) nice chance, why not?)

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone,

I have been playing a lot of the Sundays Squeezes (cashed all of the ones I have played but haven't gotten super deep yet. -- fingers crossed that today is the day) and I was thinking that while this not a "new" format...there have been lots of satellite type things where you win your way up into bigger tourneys...but this is kind of different. You play day one to a certain level and there are a bunch of other flights. So, then on Day 2, instead of starting a new tournament, you continue with the stack that you accumulated on Day 1 and the blinds continue to progress. I find myself really liking this format. I have entered Day 2 with varying stack sizes from 22 BBs to almost 100. In my qualifying heat for today I finished first in the qualifier but am ranked 39th going into the tournament. I don't know exactly why, but I just feel like I have a lot vested when I go into this type of tournament and not that I am coming into something new. Anyone else out there agree, or do you hate having to qualify and then wait days to play?
I like them because they give the chance of a big payout for a small initial outlay although I am disappointed that the Sunday Squeeze has gone from $100,000 GTD to 50k.

Last edited:
offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most frustrating thing about two-day tournaments is when you get to the second day and your stack is less than one blind🙂