Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Since some months now I unfortunately don't find the time to put in the volume I plan to and on top there are always things that come into life which are simply more important than playing poker. I Probably play 15 to 25 tournaments and around 5-10k cashgame hands per week.
And what can I say, I simply run like sh*t in both tournament and cash games since June this year. So for about 480 tournaments and maybe 200k cashgame hands I got a juicy downswing. Those numbers might not sound much and I am sure it could be a lot worse but because of low volume and the sheer time that has past since things got terrible, I feel like caught in poker hell.
The hell of low volume.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Luck is part of the game of poker, sometimes things get strange. Time has no effect on how attached you are to poker, on the contrary, time makes us love the game more. 6 months is not enough to achieve a lot of success, or even a little at times. Poker is not an easy game to master, and even professionals cannot always achieve great or good results. For me, I consider reaching paid seats a good achievement, as well as persistence to reach paid seats one day it will qualify us to win a major tournament that we will always remember.
Patience is the twin of poker, good luck.

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
As I understand you, I’ve also been on a downswing streak for two weeks now (( I play about 200 tournaments a week

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance will be encountered regardless of the quantity of games and it’s unpredictable

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Howdy! Have u thought about the opposite? Perhaps low volume but higher quality games? I don't grind as much anymore & just prolly play 8-15 tourney, same with s&g, & around 30 minutes at a time of cash games per week. Then play my NFT game in between. Not highly profitable but also doesn't swing my BR to the south. Perhaps you're trying to pile up so may games that you rush & get careless? Perhaps enjoy the few games that you have time & play with quality? Just a thought.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Forget the cashgame, they rob your bankroll. Go to tournaments to improve your results and even then, low volume can complicate results. Study hard and with time things can improve

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Forget the cashgame, they rob your bankroll. Go to tournaments to improve your results and even then, low volume can complicate results. Study hard and with time things can improve
I would say differently, play either cash games or tournaments, but don’t mix them because These are different disciplines and should be studied separately