waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On pokerstars you have the option to colour code players at the table. I have a simple green for loose players, orange for reserved players and sometimes a red if I need to be extra cautious with someone. What colour codes do you all use?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do use color coding as well but also changing it at the moment to better reflect the players I am against. I have 6 colors but also have sub levels for these players. The reason for the sub levels is most players just don't fix one style.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yellow for limping; green for good; light blue for very good; blue for tight; red for dangerous; purple for persistent; pink for tricks; light brown for other tricks;

BUT these codes lose their meaning when players got tilt - So it's very relative, I mark them anyway to have some idea.

(It's fun when some blue shove with A8o...)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have a lot of colours, but since I haven't played that regularly for three years, I find them now not optimal and not accurate. So I want to reorganize them, but also don't want to lose the info as well. So I need to dedicate some time and effort to think how to do it and how to change it 😩😩

So I'm in a search of some inspiration and experience of others. But from what I've seen, it's more or less predictable - people tag players based on their style - nit, tag, lag, weaktight, loose-passive, maniac.

Last edited:
lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Green for the regular and skilled players (often TAG).
Yellow for the loose passive like calling stations for example .
Orange for the loose aggro.
And red for the super loose aggro with good results.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I apply notes at PS but how do you assign a colour?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like to use my hud to make sure the sample size is big enough to be meaningful and then I have my hut auto rate players based on stats.

Think this is an easy way to make sure you had enough hands for the color coding to be meaningful.

You could just let the hud auto rate players, but you need to color code them so you can see their codings in the lobby to help you game select.