Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi all

I’ve noticed on pokerstars steaming that a lot of people have settings to show chip stacks and bets in terms of Blinds not chip count.

What do you prefer to use and more importantly- why???

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now many poker rooms offer the transfer of stacks to blinds! I try to see the stack in the chips at the beginning of the game and only in the later stages I transfer them to the blinds!

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to use the actual number of chips and count the blinds in my head.
It helps me have a more accurate math calculation and a less lazy brain. When it comes to a mind game, it is very important that the brain is warm and not lazy.
Also, when playing in a live tournament, you won't feel much of a difference as no one will count your chips except you. Your brain must be prepared for all game occasions. At any time, someone may decide to sponsor you, if you have results, and ask you to play in a live event. Will you know what to do when you sit down at the table?
Are you ready for this?
I'm ready to even play a wsop live in Las Vegas

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use chips when I need to place an exact bet, and I use the blinds for standard bets.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I also prefer chipcount, somteimes in later stages I click on my chips to see how many blinds are left, but as mentioned already it's easy to calculate.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think the opportunity to change to blinds is a nice option to have. Some people find it easier, when they do not have to calculate but I have not tried it yet. I have always had the chip count as I never had a problem to calculate. But if the change to blinds is helpful for you, then try it :)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all

I’ve noticed on PokerStars steaming that a lot of people have settings to show chip stacks and bets in terms of Blinds not chip count.

What do you prefer to use and more importantly- why???

I will almost always have my settings set to BB's, my reasoning is it is easier for me, to make mental calculations in BB's. I am not saying my way is the "right" way, I think it is all up to the player. I have switched at times late in a tournament. I mean final few tables. I am not even sure if I have a very good reason for doing this?? Maybe looking at chip stack makes it easier to raise/fold hand. Sometimes in BB's it looks close. If I start the hand with idea to raise/fold, I don't want to change my mind.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is more convenient for each to count in his own way. It makes it easier for me to navigate and choose how best to act. Yes, I understand that playing with chips is also necessary, but I'm lazy. If necessary, I will try to bet with chips.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I use chip count almost exclusively. I find it easy to calculate BBs.

The reason that I do not like using a blind count instead of chips is I find it tends to add a silly pressure to my game.

As I play MTTs exclusively, I am low stacked quite often. With a chip count in front of me, I feel I have room to maneuver. With a blind count in front of me (especially in the 20 down to 10 big blinds range) push fold strategy starts to play out in my head. I realize this is all perception, but, with a chip count this never happens, and I have scrapped into min cashes many times with less than a blind whilst being hyper aware of other stacks.

Just the way I play - I firmly believe a min cash is better than nothing- but with a few 'blinds' in front of me I feel much more inclined to shove.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to use the chip count, but in fairness I can be pretty stubborn about these kind of things. Maybe I will start trying to use the blinds number more in 2022 and see what happens.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i use both . i switch it while playing on and off to see how many blinds i have left ....if it is time to push all in etc.

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% BIG BLINDS.. the number of chips means nothing in MTTs

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I leave the jetio that appears to me. I have no preference. To me it does not matter.