The Big Winner at the WCOOP

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to congradulate the big winner at the 2005 WCOOP... pokerstars! who collected over $630,000 in tournament fees over the course of the event. The top prize at the main even could have been over 800K, but due to a deal at the final table the winner got about 570K, making PokerStars the biggest winner of the event. So congradualtions guys. I'd wish you luck in the future, but you certainly don't need luck when people just hand you their money. Good Work

-n

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Wow, what a great event. Not only did they earn big-time out of it, but it has such a huge presence in the community, everyone and their dog knows about it.

I think it's great that PokerStars run such a big online tournament, as it encourages people to start playing online when they hear about the sheer amount of prizemoney won. They are also a very reputable site so kudos to them.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy who won the championship event came across as incredibly egomaniacal in the chat. I hope it was for show rather then a reflection on his actual personality, but I'm not sure.

I don't doubt that he can play well, though. He and Pickled Egg were leagues ahead of the rest of the FT.

The radio show was fun too, though Barry (Greenstein) was a little condescending to Greg (Raymer) at times, whether intentionally or not. I guess it was a night for big egos. >_>

...and Stars didn't make any more money as a result of the deal... where on earth you got that idea from I dunno - check the numbers again. o_O

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars makes NO money off of a deal...the last 3 players split the rest of the prize pool almost evenly (each earned over $500,000). PokerStars does not get any $ out of a deal at a final table...so I have no idea where that thought came from.

O, and a quick fact...the winner is 18 years old!

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i didn't mean to suggest that Pokerstars made any more money off the deal. all i was saying was that if the deal had not been made, then the winner of the tournament would have made more money then PokerSTars did off tournament fees, 800 some thousand, compaired to the 570 that he made, and the 630 that Pokerstars banked. if i was not clear on that i appoligize

-n

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but you did seem to suggest that PokerStars was perhaps taking more than they ought to when you said how they don't need luck when people just hand their money over to them, didn't you? I'd like to know if there's other poker sites that offer big-time winnings that might be a better deal.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zingbust said:
Yes, but you did seem to suggest that PokerStars was perhaps taking more than they ought to when you said how they don't need luck when people just hand their money over to them, didn't you? I'd like to know if there's other poker sites that offer big-time winnings that might be a better deal.
oh, their tournament fees are more then fair, especially considering the total prize pool for the series of events was over 12 million. i just meant to make a point about how much money these sites make. and i don't think there are any sites that have a better selection of high stakes tournaments, and even if there were, they'd still end up charging just as much in fees, i'm sure

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm certain they made less of an average net gain/hour from the WCOOP tourneys then they do from their normal ring games and tourneys, mainly because the WCOOP blind structure was slow and the events typically lasted 12hrs+.

Their traffic will definitely go up as a result of it, though.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
I'm certain they made less of an average net gain/hour from the WCOOP tourneys then they do from their normal ring games and tourneys, mainly because the WCOOP blind structure was slow and the events typically lasted 12hrs+.

Their traffic will definitely go up as a result of it, though.
i'm sure your right, but there's no way that i know of to figure out their hourly income. this was just a sample to put into perspective the huge profits they must rake in

Winner Poker