Bet timing

smuckenfart

smuckenfart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
There are several ways we use body language to gauge situations.. but what about online? Our options are limited, the obvious would be bet size..

In what ways do you use bet timing to manipulate your opponents, or take your opponents bet timing into consideration?

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the response time is not very relevant when playing online, since in some rooms you only have 8-10 seconds to act.

smuckenfart

smuckenfart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think the response time is not very relevant when playing online, since in some rooms you only have 8-10 seconds to act.
In some rooms. What about the other rooms that aren't turbo+?

A villain bets quickly pre-flop out of position and continues quickly post-flop, bets again quickly on the turn, but slows right down on the river. There are two to a flush on the board, and you have top pair. This is not very relevant? Did he miss his flush or flop a set?

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are very few people who think some play a lot of tables. Might give the impression that they think

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are several ways we use body language to gauge situations.. but what about online? Our options are limited, the obvious would be bet size..

In what ways do you use bet timing to manipulate your opponents, or take your opponents bet timing into consideration?
I don't take the opponents bet timing in consideration. The betting time may be different from some reasons.
For example if a player is involved in multiple tables his betting time may be influenced by the other tables where he plays.
Or if you are distracted for some reason than it's possible that in one hand you will play slower compared to previous ones

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know such a use of your timebank when you have a strong hand and you are deliberately stalling, as if you are showing your opponent that you do not have a very strong hand and you are thinking of betting or discarding your cards.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It helps to know your opponent, as well, imo. Knowing which angle to play them from is important when considering this tactic. I usually play sng's throughout the week since they don't take that long, so I see a lot of the same players from day to day. I know what I can get away with and using the clock is just another way to get into their heads, for some of them. Nice question. (y)

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fast-clicking surely don't worth it, anyway by taking time to think(even if you are not doing it) - the impression will be more weighty than snap-bet or snap all-in :)