Berating Players Online

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The trash talk/ ranting players are a group with skills even worse than mine.
Always a good sign, just don't pay attention to the words, only the translation: easy chips!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The trash talk/ ranting players are a group with skills even worse than mine.
Always a good sign, just don't pay attention to the words, only the translation: easy chips!
Good advice. I don't even monitor chat. I monitor my standings. It's enough to concentrate on the game and don't need outside/additional interference. Good luck with your games.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea this will always be part of the game. sometimes entertaining when not involved.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i dont like it. But it depends on how it happens. If they call out a suckout and badger the player I see it as a weakness to exploit. But I have also learned sometimes it's an act trying to get info out of player.

I find I do better to ignore chat. This because, as much as I know I shouldn't take it seriously, sometimes I get caught up in some bogus drama and go on tilt.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't understand the reasoning behind this.

I was playing in a PLO game for free Gold coins on Global, Well, I was calling and seeing ever hand to the river and dropped about half a million coins trying to understand the game. This guy starts cursing me calling me all kinds of ignorant stuff. I asked him " Man whats your deal I come in here and donate a lot of coins to all of you and you want to WHAT? make me feel better? I know I don't know the game so I'll just take my millions somewhere else where a tuff guy might be smart enough to know he should not run off a GOLD MINE of chips. And for what? Looks to me like your the stupid one here"
I left the table.🌵

:bandit:​

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one more that's pretty strange.

🌵funny how so many armchair warriors worship AK and won't fold it for their tournament life even after the flop misses them. I understand the math but only 2 more chances FOR YOUR LIFE??? 🌵I was playing on ACR yesterday in a freezeout tournament. So I raise pre-flop 3 1/2 times the blinds with 10-J os I have triple the chips of any one person on the table, button -1 re-raises, I call, the flop10,6, 3, rainbow I check, villain goes All-in. it's less than a 3rd of my stack, I snap call and win the hand and rail the guy he had AKos( he missed) Dude goes postal in chat you're a donk, learn something about pot odds, probabilities, etc etc etc... I check his stats -WOW the guy was the second biggest loser I've ever seen. His chart looked like steps to the bottom of the poor house. Go Figure. I don't know if he was talking about me calling the re-raise or the All-in. But the way I play tournaments is if I can make a call at least to see the flop and the amount is nothing compared to my stack size. I'm playing, if I hit the flop at all or even have drawing hands I'll call any amount that will not affect my standing in the tournament. Playing this way I do have a tendency to double up a lot of people but I also take many out. Now when it gets down to the final table or close I'll settle a little bit and stick to premium hands and middle and large pairs. And I do find I'm up against AA, KK, QQ out of position with my connectors or small pair or even one-off connectors, even 2 off suited cards and pretty much any suited paint. Now when the bet is able to cripple my stack to the point it puts my life in danger for coming hands I'll tighten up and stick to positional play and premium cards. Just what I've developed over the years and works well for me, most of the time. :rolleyes:
:party:​

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many years ago, i used to get involved in trash talk but then i realised it did my game a lot of harm, i stopped, used block chat a lot and focused on my game, i am definitely a better player for doing that.
Bad beats and donks are part and parcel of the game, accept that and develop a tough skin and you will better for it :)

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the overall sentiment. Any time a player rants and tells me how I should play, they are giving information on how they play. Pay attention to the chat, but to gather information. Don't discourage it or let it bother you. I'll even talk back (live) if I think I can gain more information, online I can't be bothered to get involved in the chat.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, I do not offend anyone I have seen many times how other people insult each other and I think this is dismally

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
a little friendly banter is fine, but some people go overboard and you can use this to exploit them when they are on the verge of tilting there entire stack off to someone. that someone might as well be you.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I just keep my chat turned off. It helps me focus more if I don’t pay any attention to what other players are saying.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to try to be a good sport, but some banter doesnt bother me. I agree that sometimes it goes too far.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind it at all, letting off steam is good what I hate is 888 and the throwing stuff, that really gets my goat and straight disable contact activated.

Big stack and freerolls going to call with rubbish all day long and win. :elefant:

D

DaNutts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't done it while but when I did. I think it made other player play bad and sometimes I played bad as well by feeding into the trash talk. So It was like a 2 sided sword

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like being theatrical, but poker players are usually a tough crowd for that kind of thing. That and it's hard to come up with stuff on the spot.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see no reason to berate another player's play. If it was truly a poor play, why scare away the fish?

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very much agree. Thus far I never have yelled at another player or anything, but I TOTALLY get it. At the end of the day (meaning in the long run), if you are a losing player then that means you're just not good enough and need to improve. Simple as that. I definitely really really really need to work on focusing on being happy that I made a good play and not worrying about the outcome whatsoever. VERY hard to do though.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get that people think this is another way to win sometimes .... If you just keep playing their game it will be. On the other hand they make themselves out like asses and, I instantly lose respect for one such as that, but do make a note of it.

It only really ticks me off if it is some loser man trying to fluster some woman ..still, she has to learn to let it roll off, and not be intimidated, no one else can do it for her, and I imagine from a woman this really bothers small men that do these things.

I won't play that game and they don't bother me and that's the worst thing you can do to these people that do all the trash talking, and spew vulgarities at each other, is nothing just keep playing your game. I generally wont talk to anyone while I'm at the table, not because I'm worried about being insulted, because it gives away information. I'm really not there to socialize, either positively or negatively.