Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The benefit of taking notes!!!

Dedicated to mys brothers @jordanbillie y @Luvepoker

I have been reading all the comments from the experienced Cardschat people for a long time.

One day in a comment my brother @Luvepoker was referring very precisely to taking all kinds of notes about the players he interacts with online.

Before it only tagged with a color players who possibly played well or poorly, or who could be recreational, etc.

But now I take all kinds of notes, plays from position, limps, openraises, reraises, allins, hand data.

Just yesterday in a fairly large hand at a cash table, those notes helped me not to lose my hand against a German player.

At least when they ask me the question about the odds/outs calculator, I try to say that they should not calculate these by calculator unless they play a multiple number of tables.

If they do it in tables of 2 maximum as I play, I prefer that they calculate it mentally at that moment. Because this will also serve you not only as a brain exercise, but also in case you ever have to play live, there is no odds/outs calculator, there is only you and your brain.

But in the notes it is different, because it is impossible to remember with which players you play daily, against whom you face. And believe it or not, a single note from a player can help you improve or get out of an MTT, or your bankroll doubles or breaks at a cash game.

Of course, as I always say, the luck factor is always inside, but also the factor of how your rival plays is also inside.

It is not the same if you face a recreational player or a Pro.

I hope this post is useful to you.

Greetings to all.

Carlos:):):)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I hope this post is useful to you.
Thank you Carlos. Indeed, your post contains many useful points.
I just want to add that we should always be careful when using the info we have taken on any player in previous games. Sometimes people make mistakes that they won't repeat or some players improve their game etc...

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I just want to add that we should always be careful when using the info we have taken on any player in previous games. Sometimes people make mistakes that they won't repeat or some players improve their game etc...
Thanks bro @najisami
A good fact to keep in mind.
Put annotation date.
Although in general there is a pattern that happens quite often, and that is that the annotation is more focused on a style of play.
More than anything this is worth if you consider a recreational player.
These generally never change the way they play.
Because they don't read the manuals, they don't know about openings, or positions, or equity, etc.
Every card they have in their hand is beautiful and they never get tired of limping, or at best OPR.
And usually they remember allin when they have 4 BB and it's already late.
I have seen thousands of players limping with AA, and well today will bring you luck, but it will not always be so.
They limp from under the gun with AA and you get called by the whole table. You hardly win the hand.
In short, the notes serve as data so that we know what style of player you are up against.
I think that's the main goal.:):):):)
Greetings

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never take notes, but that's negligence on my part. I recognize that I should adopt this practice of taking notes, which is very important, but I don't have the patience to take notes. Congratulations to whoever does this. I admire patience.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I never take notes, but that's negligence on my part. I recognize that I should adopt this practice of taking notes, which is very important, but I don't have the patience to take notes. Congratulations to whoever does this. I admire patience.
Hello brother @fernandofcp
If indeed perhaps instead of negligence, otherwise not everyone has the patience to do it.
It happens is that except the freerolls, the other MTT or cash I take them as a way to collect currency.
And the subject of annotations helps me a lot. Yesterday at a cash table if it weren't for the notes, I would have lost 300 BB against the German player, which took me a long time to win.
on a flop 444 turn K I had KJ and he had AK and the K came on the river and I went allin.
I saved the annotation of 2 hands in which he had beaten him before, and he had checked me on the river after betting big on the flop and turn.
He had the nuts safe in the hand in question so he went all in, otherwise he didn't. I highly doubt he was bluffing with a hand like A4 because the initial open raise was 4 bet.
My regards, brother

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Totally agree with your post, a single note about your opponent, can change the way you finish the tournament and the prize you can win.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Totally agree with your post, a single note about your opponent, can change the way you finish the tournament and the prize you can win.
Thanks brother @Acechador
That is true.
Cheers to alls brother fron Ecuador:):):)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to take notes until before a couple of years an error appeared which closes the platform everytime I try since then. Good thing I don't play as much as I used to. Notes help but it can be a trap if you rely just on them.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with your post, I think it's important to take some notes. With annotated player information you can make decisions more easily during a hand.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go through spells with taking notes. Sometimes i'm just too lazy, then sometimes i can obsessively take notes. I normally just colour code the players i respect. And the loose/fish type players, i will note down the flaws i see.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Thanks for the post, it is valuable!
Personally, I occasionally take notes on some players if I note something drastic. I don't see those players again though, as the players on the platform are tens and hundreds of thousands so it is really hard to meet some of those again. I play on micro stakes and freerolls mainly, so the field is really wide. I suppose if you play higher stakes there are not so many players so you eventually meet the same guys and maybe it makes more sense to take notes on those key players.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I used to take notes until before a couple of years an error appeared which closes the platform everytime I try since then. Good thing I don't play as much as I used to. Notes help but it can be a trap if you rely just on them.
Hello brother
Not from now, the notes are necessary but they are not essential.
I believe that the best is always in you, and in your capacity.
But they help.
Greetings:):):)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I agree with your post, I think it's important to take some notes. With annotated player information you can make decisions more easily during a hand.
Thanks brother @fernandovr
That is true.
Cheers:):):)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi bro @Rahatis
Labeling with different colors is also very good.
There are many players who play very well, and if you tag them with a strong color it's not bad at all.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I go through spells with taking notes. Sometimes i'm just too lazy, then sometimes i can obsessively take notes. I normally just colour code the players i respect. And the loose/fish type players, i will note down the flaws i see.
Hi bro @RustyRed83
Labeling with different colors is also very good.
There are many players who play very well, and if you tag them with a strong color it's not bad at all.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It helps me to take a lot of notes too.
helped me win tournaments
Hello @elchonga brother and compatriot how are you???
I believe that in the final table it should help a lot, in addition to the necessary touch of luck.
Hug friend.
And then tell me where you are from???
I am from Bahia Blanca:):):):)