Be aware of potential online poker scams

john victor6

john victor6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good morning friends, I discovered that there are WhatsApp groups, of people who are promoting poker clubs, that give high jackpots, easy fields, no need to have dollars and such.

But the poker rooms in question are Playmoney. So what happens, Kra sells you the chips for you to play and they promise to buy you back if you become profitable.

It's just that we're talking about fictitious tokens, Playmoney, so what happens, if you win a prize of 10,000 reais for example, who guarantees you that he will buy you that pile of your chips that he must have in droves too, what do you do then? You offer your chips to new players, that is, you pay to enter, and to leave you need to convince other people to enter too, is this a pyramid or not?

I'm just creating this post as a public utility, because a different pyramid scheme appears every day, and honestly I was very irritated to know that they are using poker for that, and if that ever goes to the news sites, the title will be “Poker players participate in a millionaire pyramid scheme”.

In other words, when you say that you are a poker player to people, they will think that you are some kind of con artist or criminal. It's going to make the poker image more dirty.

AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What is that ? 😅

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Like those ads on facebook, yeah they all sound scammy.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
good morning friends, I discovered that there are WhatsApp groups, of people who are promoting poker clubs, that give high jackpots, easy fields, no need to have dollars and such.

But the poker rooms in question are Playmoney. So what happens, Kra sells you the chips for you to play and they promise to buy you back if you become profitable.

It's just that we're talking about fictitious tokens, Playmoney, so what happens, if you win a prize of 10,000 reais for example, who guarantees you that he will buy you that pile of your chips that he must have in droves too, what do you do then? You offer your chips to new players, that is, you pay to enter, and to leave you need to convince other people to enter too, is this a pyramid or not?

I'm just creating this post as a public utility, because a different pyramid scheme appears every day, and honestly I was very irritated to know that they are using poker for that, and if that ever goes to the news sites, the title will be “Poker players participate in a millionaire pyramid scheme”.

In other words, when you say that you are a poker player to people, they will think that you are some kind of con artist or criminal. It's going to make the poker image more dirty.

Should you see any of these here on the forum, click report at the bottom left of the post & let the mods know.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never looked for sponsors. I only play poker for fun and despite that I have good results and my bankroll is growing. This is mainly due to our daily and weekly freerolls.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I wouldn´t put in risk my money playing in those unknown poker Apps.It makes no sense.Fortunately,there are still very good poker sites where your money is safe.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think normal people with a head will not be led to such game

P

pokergent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IL
Chips
Beware of those claiming not to need 'sollars' to enter lol.
You might get a freeroll on a credible club on one of the App platforms, but your main concern would be the agent you need to trust.

Last edited by a moderator: