Bankroll size?

W

winbig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a microstakes player ($1-$5 tournaments), and I wanted to know what others think is a proper bankroll for these buy-in tourney's....

I'm looking to drop ring games altogether and focus on tournaments. I seem to do better in those....lol

A little background, I'm a recreational player (Tend to lean towards LAG but can adjust easily depending on my opponents, take advantage of my table image, etc.) and have been playing since 2005, but looking to start playing full time in the next 2 years, dependant on whether or not I can consistently cash in at least 10% of tourneys from now till then. I cut my teeth playing live tournaments & cash games in atlantic city, and have done quite well in bar leagues, winning quite a number of tournaments.

Thanks!

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know, if it even makes that much sense to talk about bankroll, if you are a recreational player. As long as you have a regular source of income, maybe its not that big of a deal to pop another 100$ into the poker account, if you suffer a bad run.

However if you want to make a single deposit and say, that this is, what you give yourself to work with, I would recommend 500$. With 1-5$ buyin, this will give 100 buyins for your highest stake, and maybe 200 for your average stake.

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a microstakes player ($1-$5 tournaments), and I wanted to know what others think is a proper bankroll for these buy-in tourney's....

I'm looking to drop ring games altogether and focus on tournaments. I seem to do better in those....lol

A little background, I'm a recreational player (Tend to lean towards LAG but can adjust easily depending on my opponents, take advantage of my table image, etc.) and have been playing since 2005, but looking to start playing full time in the next 2 years, dependant on whether or not I can consistently cash in at least 10% of tourneys from now till then. I cut my teeth playing live tournaments & cash games in atlantic city, and have done quite well in bar leagues, winning quite a number of tournaments.

Thanks!

The more buy-ins, the better. Keep around 200 buy-ins, but when you go to the limit higher, there should be even more buy-ins, as the game will become more difficult.

N

NUTZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the type of tornys you play.
id say at the very least 100.00 to 150.00

thts wht i usually roll with. and if u win a torny set it aside because you will lose half of it anyways from the usual bs, having pocket aces and someone jamming preflop with 5 , 6 off and landing a straight

CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK

N

NUTZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know, if it even makes that much sense to talk about bankroll, if you are a recreational player. As long as you have a regular source of income, maybe its not that big of a deal to pop another 100$ into the poker account, if you suffer a bad run.

However if you want to make a single deposit and say, that this is, what you give yourself to work with, I would recommend 500$. With 1-5$ buyin, this will give 100 buyins for your highest stake, and maybe 200 for your average stake.

AGREED, IF he is doing a single one time deposit for the say the yr or so.
id say 350.00 to 500.00 seems about right. just be prepared for the usual bad runs, cant win no matter wht bs tht happens no matter what.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think in these 1 to 5 tournaments you should have a bankroll around 50% of the tournament limits that you will play and see if it really profits for you.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$500 let me see now,:confused:
Like your CardsChat name says think you should win big.:)
Think it is time to stop fooling around wasting years doing a bankroll yoyo at the $1 limit get out there and win a serious $100 championship event EZ game.;)
hD2BC9082

Last edited:
tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally you need a $ 250 banckroll. me too I should focus that the MTT but I am forced to recognize that I am not enough discpliner. I lose all my banckroll on expresoo or roulette.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management