Bankroll building from nearly scratch

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment all my BR is in Crypto and have no way to get any on PS I decided to build one from almost scratch.

Cashed today in some freerolls 2,5$ in the PS Community FR being the best finish.
Took my last 500 Stars coins and bought a 5$ Spin&Go Ticket won the tourney for 15$

Usualy I play Micro to Medium Buy-ins...
But in this special situation today I'm grinding 1,10$ Bounty builders & Progresive KO's

am sitting in 3/250 2747 starting players and 25/46 763 and decent in the other ones too

Last time I was building on PS from nothing made it to 5k lets see how this time goes ��

What is your favorite way to build back when you have to for what ever reason?

Last edited:
Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good luck. I'm also stuck with money in cryptocurrencies and things have been a little ugly lately. It's time to buy, not time to sell, isn't it.
A good tip is to play satellites. Especially the cheaper ones, where fish are more abundant.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to achieve a bankroll with freerolls, I fall into the temptation of sports betting and everything falls apart and I have to start from 0:(:p:angel::jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to build my bankroll with freerolls.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
got 10th from 763 and 17th from 2747 iirc and couple more last 5 table finishes so got up to 30$ BR
Continuing to play now xD

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, freerolls are a great option. I have repeatedly created a bankroll from scratch, and in general it is not difficult. The main thing is to be patient and persistent and then achieve the goal will not be difficult.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5k from nothing is very nice! :) How long it took you to have $5k?
I think it's very difficult to build from nothing, so, I always try to leave some money when I make a withdraw. But when I don't have much money, I usually play more on 888poker, for me still is the best place to start a bankroll from nothing or few dollars.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Build your bankroll from freerolls. It's the best way.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
freerolls and then cash games. A lot depends on how much time you have to play.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5k from nothing is very nice! :) How long it took you to have $5k?
I think it's very difficult to build from nothing, so, I always try to leave some money when I make a withdraw. But when I don't have much money, I usually play more on 888poker, for me still is the best place to start a bankroll from nothing or few dollars.

took around 6 months of playing every day

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls and Spin & Go matches are the games I mostly build my bankroll on.

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll building

Of course, you can raise your bankroll from freerolls, but it's impossible to understand your masochism!! raise from zero to five thousand and start again from scratch !!! I have no words))

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm attempting to build my bankroll from a mix of freerolls and occasional (as in once a month max) investments of up to £15, although that's only if I'm running low on funds mid-month and only done it once so far.

Having more luck at the moment with micro cash games than tourneys to be fair. But I find I enjoy playing tournaments more so thats where the freerolls are coming in.

Currently I am sitting at £17 so I'm up £2 on my initial £15 investment. It's not much, but it's a start.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to build my bankroll from small increment deposits along with some winnings of cash/tournament play. Nothing against freerolls cause you can make something's happen. I just get bored and don't have the patience to wait it out cause of priorities in life. But I've played before in freerolls and made somethings

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what limit you are playing at, the best way to build a bankroll is to have an advantage over most of your opponents.

There is only one way to improve your skill: play a lot and study a lot.

I came to the conclusion that the main barrier preventing a person from moving forward is ignorance of fundamental things. All these points are perfectly analyzed in numerous poker books, articles and videos dedicated to playing at low limits. But perhaps the most effective way is training with a coach.

So there are a lot of different ways to improve your poker skills. And it's definitely a good idea to spend some of your free time to learn the fundamental principles and concepts of playing poker.

And all because you will never start to grow by limits and you will never see your bankroll increase rapidly if you make elementary mistakes at the poker table. And even if you manage to climb the limits at a very slow pace, then at higher limits these shortcomings will affect the quality of your game even more, since opponents will be more experienced and aggressive.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I prefer to use freerolls. I'm on betonline. Every couple of months they send me $10 in tournament money and I try to convert that into cash. Betonline last August had a ton of freeroll tournaments $500-$2500 like 4 times a day in the evenings. There were a 5000 person limit. I would try to get into the top 100 which usually paid out something. It could be 50 cents here or $1 there. I think I got up to like $40 and started play micro level poker and lost it all. I really love tournaments but my time is limited and play 4-6 hours in a tournament kind of makes the wife unhappy.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK so just finished this FR https://prnt.sc/26ob0t6

This is how I went out:
UTG+4 x3 open I shove 10bb (roughly 800K chips) stack with KK
https://prnt.sc/26ob2d0

Little unlucky finish but

important thing is bankroll is growing :D

Planning to play about a dozen 1.10$ on Demand MTTs tomorrow and build up more.

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
try to play CIS tournaments on PS there are fewer people than in tournaments and the structure of the game is normal. At one time I played there tournaments for $1 per month, somewhere under $100 I managed to raise them. Good luck

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate micro limits with a huge number of players

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment all my BRs are in the Crypt and there is no way to get them on PS I decided to build them almost from scratch.

Won today in some freerolls 2.5$ in PS Community FR, which is the best result.
Took the last 500 Stars coins and bought a $5 Spin&Go ticket, won a $15 tournament

I usually play with micro to medium buy-ins...
But in this special situation today I earn $1.10 Bounty builders and progressive knockouts

i'm sitting in 3/250 2747 starting players and 25/46 763 and decently in others too

Last time I was going from zero to 5k on PS let's see how it goes this time ��

What's your favorite way to rebuild when you need some or a reason?
good luck, freerolls from cardchat play this is a chance to build a bankroll then you can turn on inexpensive cash games or mtt in any case it is quite fast and at first it will be difficult

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment all my BR is in Crypto and have no way to get any on PS I decided to build one from almost scratch.

Cashed today in some freerolls 2,5$ in the PS Community FR being the best finish.
Took my last 500 Stars coins and bought a 5$ Spin&Go Ticket won the tourney for 15$

Usualy I play Micro to Medium Buy-ins...
But in this special situation today I'm grinding 1,10$ Bounty builders & Progresive KO's

am sitting in 3/250 2747 starting players and 25/46 763 and decent in the other ones too

Last time I was building on PS from nothing made it to 5k lets see how this time goes ��

What is your favorite way to build back when you have to for what ever reason?

I don't want to post anything in particular because I'm not sure if it is against the rules but you can 100% use very easy transfer services to use crypto >>>> service>>>>to pokerstars.

As far as building from nothing? I enjoy the freerolls but find penny games to even be so much better. Freerolls are so effing annoying. People shoving over nothing. Which they do in microstakes as well, just not nearly as much ha.

Best of luck!

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well got to 40$ withdrew 10$ to put on 888 need some ammo there too.
Decided to take a shot at one of my favorite tourneys I have won many times before.
Sure enoguh won it again :D

https://prnt.sc/26pxzos

have 170$ on PS now and 17$ on 888

Going pretty fast up only been a week of play.
Keeping it 1-4 tables at a time for now.
will be doing 6-9 tables soon if I feel I got enough stamina.

Tempted to start going trough the challenges window tommorow.
Those usualy have higher buy-ins needed so will see whats on offer and decide.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, building a bankroll from scratch starts with winning a Cardschat freeroll at Pokerstars, I win a few dollars, then I go to play cash on micro limits in Hold'em or Omaha Hi/lo. For example, I play on blinds for 1/2 cent until I win $ 20, then I switch to blinds for 2/5 cents, and so on. At most, I went up to a $400 bankroll and played cash with blinds of 0.50/1 dollar.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management