Bad beats?

P

primorc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a bit more into poker in the last few months. I am still no where close to say that I know how to do it, but I play the smallest stakes, usually tournaments, and I would say that I am above average for that level.

Anyway, I usually play on pokerstars and in the past few weeks I got a feeling that I lose way more coin flip and other situations when I am in advantage than I should. But as people usually say that you only remember situations when you lose and not pay attention to all that you win, I started keeping track of how many times I win when I am behind and how many times I lose when I am in front.

So far I have lost 50 hands when I was in front (50% or more) and won only 25 hands when I was behind (50% or less). Basically, those hands were one of the players involved in a pot went all in, either preflop or later.

So now I have a question, if there is just something I should live with it and it will even out over longer period of time, or is there anything I can do to improve that?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be treated as an integral part of the game. You can reduce the likelihood of repetition. To do this, you need to analyze your game and the game of your opponents in specialized programs. Which will help you understand what you are doing wrong, in what situations you make mistakes.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are always bad beats,
had yesterday AKo vs AKs coin flip and player gets a flush on the board

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are always bad beats,
had yesterday AKo vs AKs coin flip and player gets a flush on the board
Many people have this situation) Worse is when they are short of money beforehand

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very likely that you occasionally come across the concept of bad beats. This implies such a development of events when, being almost a winner, the player loses miserably to an opponent who is just lucky, and he takes the bank in the presence of the most unfavorable combinations of cards. It happens, and it's a fact!

E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens.... no need to worry just keep on playing ur best Game

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As your skill improves you will find that you can easily fold those coin flip situations and put your chips in when you are ahead. Especially deeper stacked earlier in a tournament. I don't like being all in unless I'm at least 70% favored to win, though it's amazing how many times you can still lose when you are favored 8 to 1 or better. But that is poker.

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats it seems to me online poker has way more bad beats then live I just haven't the bad beats like I do online it's just. Crazy sometimes I think maybe bots sometimes drives me crazy