makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not pay much attention to the avatar. I have choozen one and I use this. It is not very importand for me!

betty the rake

betty the rake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chip tricks

So if you were playing live and someone busted out some crazy chip shuffling and knuckle roll chip tricks, would that change the way you play against that person?

M

Maitresse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting discussion. I agree with those who stated not paying much attention to the avatars. The only thing that I don't like is if the image is unpleasant or offensive. It doesn't change my play at all though. Generally, I also try to ignore the chat as well online, mostly because I am playing at low stakes where people talk a lot of smack.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
So if you were playing live and someone busted out some crazy chip shuffling and knuckle roll chip tricks, would that change the way you play against that person?
For me no, becouse this is not psychologic technique. Imo only psychologic tells and psychologic visual tells affecting the subconscious and mind can importance.

Online avatar tells example:
Car and house in avatar - probably fresh fish or donk. He didn't have time for an avatar. Certainly there is no time to poker learn.
Old man in avatar - probably regulars.
Family with kids - probably very tight player whos like playing nuts. Family = caring player respecting his chips.
At very high stakes, when the player knows avatars trick, sometimes can the opposite to confuse others, who also know this. :D

Do you feel now differences in avatar tells?

Last edited:
Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Chat box disabled. You never get anything better than "Donkey!" or "OMFG!!". Normally it's just spammed by some rambling idiot. Avatars...gimmick that I pay no attention to.