gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
There are already deepmind pokerbots running especially on GG,PS,88 and probably other sites too, so yeah, definitely AI is not good for poker.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
No of course it's not.

With that said I've been hearing for 15+ years bots are gonna kill online poker yet here we are....online poker still looking plenty alive and well even though it's not the Moneymaker poker boom anymore. Online poker is still plenty strong and healthy.

Which I don't see changing much because the vast majority of players either play micro/low stakes or play MTT's. Which in my opinion neither have a huge bot problem.

Cheers!!!

B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The latest forms of AI have caught poker sites off guard. Bots have always been around, but up until recently the were hard to use, expensive to setup and had a good chance of being caught.

The latest advancements make them almost impossible to detect, (unless people get greedy ), far cheaper to setup and pretty much plug and play. They can also learn, they no longer just play GTO, they adapt.

Add in the RTA elements that are now readily available and its pretty easy to see online poker is not in a good spot.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
artificial intelligence is very good for the future of the humanity.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
IA is good or bad for online poker?
Hi.
It is difficult to say how technologies will develop, but I think we all understand that they will develop rapidly. In order to say whether it is good or bad, decades must pass.
Just play poker and enjoy the game :)
Good luck.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As long as they can afford the buy-in who am I to judge? :unsure:

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
No of course it's not.

With that said I've been hearing for 15+ years bots are gonna kill online poker yet here we are....online poker still looking plenty alive and well even though it's not the Moneymaker poker boom anymore. Online poker is still plenty strong and healthy.

Which I don't see changing much because the vast majority of players either play micro/low stakes or play MTT's. Which in my opinion neither have a huge bot problem.

Cheers!!!

The better the hardware becomes, the closer we are getting to the point where ALL kinds of online competitions will be jeopardized by AI. Poker makes no exception. That future is a lot closer than people think thanks to the exponential nature of AI development and the hard time that people have grasping exponential growth. What you think is impossible now could be a common thing in just a few years, or even months.

Who knows, maybe the AI itself could come up with a way to tell the human and AI players apart. Otherwise, the most likely way to stand a chance is to become posthuman. At that point, though, we'd have more interesting ways to entertain ourselves online than what we have at the moment.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AI in poker is not something I would hope to see. Playing against real intelligence is enough for me. Sadly my personal AI is not working and my mind is fried most days anymore. LOL

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The better the hardware becomes, the closer we are getting to the point where ALL kinds of online competitions will be jeopardized by AI. Poker makes no exception. That future is a lot closer than people think thanks to the exponential nature of AI development and the hard time that people have grasping exponential growth. What you think is impossible now could be a common thing in just a few years, or even months.

Who knows, maybe the AI itself could come up with a way to tell the human and AI players apart. Otherwise, the most likely way to stand a chance is to become posthuman. At that point, though, we'd have more interesting ways to entertain ourselves online than what we have at the moment.

Almost exactly what I've been hearing for 15+ years now. Long as can still make some extra side money yearly playing micro/low stakes what does it matter to me? It doesn't. When if I start losing it's simply time for a new hobby or more time for another hobby already have. No big deal as I'll still get my fix playing live as it won't be hard to setup a home game once or twice a week.

Cheers!!!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me, artificial intelligence is good, because it helps men/women and their intelligence to improve themselves.
If not, look at the games of Kasparov versus Deep Blue of the year 1996 and 1997.
In the first match Kasparov won 4 to 2 if I remember correctly and in the second Deep won 3 to 2 or 31/2 to 21/2.
Why do I do this example, because chess is an almost perfect game, where a machine could prevail because having millions of data on plays and movements, it could always choose the best option and win.
However, the times that Kasparov won fairly was because there were very specific and rare timing moves where the computer got disoriented.
Why was this happening??? precisely because of the ability of human intelligence.
Imagine the number of hands played in poker. Imagine that a machine has AK you have 66 and K65 comes on a flop. How would the machine act while you check?
Almost certainly with a K on the flop with top pair I would bet you all the way. Except that they have charged her with a similar play and she decides to fold in that tremendous range of options, which I doubt.
I don't know, really for me it wouldn't influence my game at all. I think I would always be more careful to play against a Cardschat partner than against a machine. For me skill counts a lot in poker, and there are very good players here.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As for your question, let me put it this way: if a machine has AK and you have 66, and a K65 comes on the flop, the machine would probably act like it always does - by processing data and calculating probabilities to make the most logical decision. But you, my friend, have something the machine doesn't - the ability to read your opponents, to sense their emotions, and to make unpredictable moves that can throw them off their game. In other words, you have human intelligence, which is not so easily replicated by machines. So while AI may have its strengths, there are still some things that only us humans can do.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not good for the poker industry, fortunately most sites fight against it and they constantly renew themselves to ensure fair play for the poker room, a constant fight against bots

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ain't nothing like the real thing baby...

Or, when Marvin Gaye met Alan Turing

Poker Tells