Alex17

Alex17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FR
Chips
What if AI bots are already amongst us?

What if AI creature is sitting next to you in MTT?

What if AI beast is that 25th player “on the bubble” preventing you from winning?

What should we do? How to handle it?

Last edited:
xico_moita

xico_moita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't know what it would be like, I don't have an opinion on that yet, because I don't know what the AI would be like playing poker, I'm waiting for other reports to have more conclusions.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
The majority of players who fall into the situation of being set up are blamed on AI

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
well, there is a computer in chess, too, and still a person beat him. and in poker you play with closed cards. artificial intelligence will still play guessing games. there will be no fewer fish.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What if AI bots are already amongst us?

What if AI creature is sitting next to you in MTT?

What if AI beast is that 25th player “on the bubble” preventing you from winning?

What should we do? How to handle it?
Well, as long as they pay up, I have no problem w/them. One less crybaby, imo. 🙃

H

halazada123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
AI is everywhere. But you should choose popular poker platforms, perhaps the situation will improve a bit🥹

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This issue has long been worked out on chess sites, because computers have been playing better than people for a long time, and in poker there are also many programs that play correctly and perfectly, and poker sites have been struggling with this for a long time, calculating the level of play, bets and etc., block suspicious users.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Artificial Intelligence is the killer of online poker. I really hope that we will still have time to win our million dollars.:)

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Artificial Intelligence is the killer of online poker. I really hope that we will still have time to win our million dollars.:)
I agree, as a matter of fact I would be happy if they banned all assisted play, just make it like old time or live poker. Human brain against human brain the way it was and the way it should be!

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
well, gg pokerok forbade the use of programs on the room... periodically calculates bots, but they still exist...

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Well after 20 some years of being a micro/low stakes winning player at MTT and from 2nl-50nl if AI is among us where vast majority of us play 2nl-50nl then I guess I'll never worry about him and poker will always be beatable. As AI isn't good enough yet to even beat an avg rec player like myself who hasn't study hardly any new poker in 20 some years.

If you're using AI and bots at micro/low stakes as an excuse to justify being a losing player then I suggest you work on yourself and your game. The following it's all you need to beat micro/low stakes. bankroll management, mental toughness/tilt control and a TAG style of play. Yes that's it's. Yes it sounds simple. No it's not simple the first 3 things are very hard.

Cheers!!!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips

Been around 20 some years. All I've heard for 20 some years is HUD's, AI and bots are killing online poker. I'm sorry but online poker is still very alive, still very well and still beatable in 2023 at the stakes 90% of us play online. Unless of course you play at GG poker with their unbeatable.

Cheers!!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I think we have only two options. We will either play or we will not play. Regardless of who your opponent is, if the game brings you joy and satisfaction, then everything is ok.
Good luck :)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
work on psychology and become super human