6 Handed or Full Table?

Ziadfox

Ziadfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been playing 6 handed tournaments over the past 3 months and to be honest I’ve never had a win rate like I have with any other set up.

Maybe I’ve been getting really lucky but I feel it’s easier to predict what they could/couldn’t have when it’s 6 handed.

Thoughts?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I personally like full table games better but I have to admit playing 6 handed is starting to become more interesting to me. Only recently played a few tournaments and found them to be more fun than I remembered.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I prefer 6 hended, I find it easier to read the players

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't have a preference for either. I find myself playing both about equally.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the 6 handed tables. It seems that it is easier to play position because you have the button more often. It gives you the image of being aggressive and the table captain when all you are doing is playing position.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like playing a full ring when it comes to tourneys. In a 6-max the blinds come sooner which, imo, sucks. I do prefer playing 6-max at a cash table. It's easier to put players on tilt and exploit that.

mobooshka

mobooshka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me: 6-max cash tables and FR MTT or SnG

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to say here, usually it all depends on the players you play with and what kind of mentality they have for the game

dsmilez

dsmilez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max for sure! More hands and less opponents. Especially at the micros where players play too tight when you have to open up your range to make up for the blinds hitting you more often.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I prefer full ring as it suits my playing style better but of course I would hop into a 6max game if this is the only game available. But I know that I need more practice in 6max games. For sure, 6max means more action and fun.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 9 max. Feels like 6 max is too fast and it requires you to play more hands to keep your chips.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the advantage of 6 handed is that you can more easily focus on reading the players while with full ring you have to give more attention and it can be confusing

that being said i still prefer 9 handed especially in cash games because 6 handed cash games have less action

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I still play both.

That said used to believe I preferred 6 handed play...then realized I should check my own records to find myself decidedly more successful playing nine handed tables.

That led to a rethink of a few preconceptions.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
6-max SNG turbos, I just love them. They are wonderful for my ability to concentrate good. The 9-max start to bore me easily. Then I really prefer more to play a MTT and with more tables beside...

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I much prefer 6-handed tables over a full table. Otherwise the game moves too slow for me and I end up playing cards I normally wouldn't otherwise because I get so bored. The only way I can handle a full table is if it is a turbo or hyper game.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 handed is fun and I'm starting to get a bit better at it.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 handed

Hello, i totally agree from my personal experience, my win rate went high as i started playing 6 handed tourneys. As you said you can easily and fairly win value hands and expose bluffs.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 9 or even 10 players at the table, it's easier for me to navigate the game this way. I don't like to sit at tables with 6 players.

BahBang

BahBang

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never really played six, usually stayed away. Rethinking that after seeing a few posts. Maybe I'll try few out just to see if it fits. [emoji1]

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the standard full table of 9. 6max for sure is faster. requires a more open range and lets the more aggressive players jump in more often. If you have a wide range and like to float a lot, then 6 max is for you!

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been playing 6 handed tournaments over the past 3 months and to be honest I’ve never had a win rate like I have with any other set up.

Maybe I’ve been getting really lucky but I feel it’s easier to predict what they could/couldn’t have when it’s 6 handed.

Thoughts?
The point is to play what gets you best results.
6 handed play is more aggressive, easier to read.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just find it harder when a real annoying style of player comes on a six table instead of a full

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I prefer 6 hended tables because I play other games more than hold em. It`s easiar for me.My concentration is on a higher level.

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the 6 handed tables. I play tournaments and sit & go and I don’t perform well at tables like this. I have no idea why, I tried a lot, but I don’t feel good there.
So i stay at 9 handed, I don't see the point in forcing it.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Definetely 6 handed table is the best mainly due to the speed of it

Rgds

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands