2 questions about multitabling

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Did you ever multitable more than one variant at a time (example: 2 Hold'Em tables and 2 Omaha or maybe 2 Omaha and 2 Omaha Hi/Lo)?

2) Did you ever mixed Fast table and regular table (example: 2 Zoom tables and 2 Cash game tables)

If so, why? To avoid being bored or to just make more and more profits? I did both and it was a disaster, but I'm asking myself if it was too much for me or is it just a question of habit and practice...

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Did you ever multitable more than one variant at a time (example: 2 Hold'Em tables and 2 Omaha or maybe 2 Omaha and 2 Omaha Hi/Lo)?

I dont mix PLO and PLO8, chances of mistakes on that combo is to high for me :D
I also tried that once on cash games - it wasnt profitable for me :D
Mayby its because i prefer playing zoom cash games so theres alot of action
and not much time to change focus. Id rather stick to one game when playing cash.

2) Did you ever mixed Fast table and regular table (example: 2 Zoom tables and 2 Cash game tables)

I never mix zoom and regular tables, i prefer playing zoom cash so i stick with that.

If so, why? To avoid being bored or to just make more and more profits? I did both and it was a disaster, but I'm asking myself if it was too much for me or is it just a question of habit and practice...

It happens i mix it up a little when playing tournements. The action is much slower and i usually
change the table color for diffent games as well, that works out fine with no confusion or lost
focus at all. I do it because i like other games than NLH and i feel
comfortable when playing the games i choose to play.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i usually change the table color for diffent games as well, that works out fine with no confusion or lost
focus at all.

First line: Yeah... That would be a hell of a bad idea for me too... PLO is a little bit more complicated by itself, you don't have to make it harder by mixing PLO and PLO8. I was just curious if someone has just a bigger brain than me and is able to do it.

Second line: That is a GREAT idea. Shame on me for never thinking of it! Glory to you :D

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I tried to play like this, a high chance to make a mistake, a high concentration of attention is required, you get tired faster. Why don't you play one kind of poker many tables?

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve played 2 fast or zoom tables while playing 2 normals but I’ve never tried to play 2 different games. I think that would be tough to win money because you would need 2 different styles

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to play like this, a high chance to make a mistake, a high concentration of attention is required, you get tired faster. Why don't you play one kind of poker many tables?

Sometimes late at night, there's not as many tables available, especially fast tables (such as Zoom) ... For a lover of Omaha Hi/Lo (me), you don't have much of a choice in those hours.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I don't play cash games only mtt.

I play a lot of omaha both variations as well as sort of different structures PL, NL bounty and even 5 card and Courchevel.

The key for me is to separate the H/L from the Hi to not make mistakes. Crucial you do not mix them up. Example put h/l tables at bottom Hi ones on top this is for if I playing one screen.

I have a monitor attached to laptop so 2 screens available. Normally I put all H/L tables on one screen as I play more of that the next screen would have holdem and Hi.

I play Zoom only if there is a promotion or challenge to complete. If I am playing Zoom I play only that a time. It is the same if I am playing spin n go. The decisions come around too fast to multi table with other formats. E.g play only 4 tables of zoom cash or 4 spin n go games no mtt games while playing these.

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is such a great question. Even multi-tabling the same poker format but different stakes has caused me to 3-bet a raise because I thought that person limped, but it was a lower stake. You get aware of this auto-pilot clicking and learn how to think before you click pretty quickly.

When I see Nananoko play 24 tables at a time, however, I'm in shock. That is way too many tables for you to delve deep into a specific hand. My respect goes out to him, because he's probably able to quickly make good decisions within a few seconds. I usually play 4-6 tables, sometimes 1-2 when I'm not grinding.

Mixing up PLO and NLHE is easy, because of the different number of cards dealt. You know when you're playing either.

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes late at night, there's not as many tables available, especially fast tables (such as Zoom) ... For a lover of Omaha Hi/Lo (me), you don't have much of a choice in those hours.

OK, and if you try to play in different rooms?

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also tried that once on cash games - it wasnt profitable for me :D
Mayby its because i prefer playing zoom cash games so theres alot of action
and not much time to change focus. Id rather stick to one game when playing cash.

I never mix zoom and regular tables, i prefer playing zoom cash so i stick with that.

It happens i mix it up a little when playing tournements. The action is much slower and i usually
change the table color for diffent games as well, that works out fine with no confusion or lost
focus at all. I do it because i like other games than NLH and i feel
comfortable when playing the games i choose to play.

I wouldn't mix hi and hi lo either. A mistake waiting to happen.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's best to stick with games of same format. I'll mix it up only if there's one or two tournaments I feel like playing & then will add in a few cash tables at same time. While newer to the game, I'd always stick to one format.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love, Multi-tabling, but only PLO (Cash), and NL (Tourneys), also across various platforms.

I can't do, say, 8 (Cash NL) tables on Party and 8 (NL Tourneys) on Party, (As I find It to difficult), oddly enough, but I can do (8x8 on Stars) with no Difficulty @ all. I find certain sites It's actually easier to do Mix/Multi-tabling @ It,while It's more difficult to do similar on other sites.