13 x Fullhouses in 1 session

P

pokernomad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing NL10 last night and I saw 13 x full houses as winning hands in 1451 hands - only 1 was a winning one for me and I lost to 3 of them - 2 where I had a the lower full house!

I know this I possible and is just how some sessions go, but does anyone know how likely that is? It feels like a lot of full houses for 1 session and an unusual statistical anomaly - I only saw 1 four of a kind

Any thoughts on this?

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
That's incredible stats of so many full houses in just one session. It's just a coincidence but definitely must be a great feeling

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 7 cards dealt the chance of ending up with a full house is 2,6%. So If all players continued until the river, someone should end up with a boat around 15% of the time on a 6-handed table. Of course this does not happen, since many hands are folded preflop, and then they can not make a boat later. Or people fold one pair on the flop, and then they can not backdoor into a boat later. Or people make a boat, but the opponents fold, so they dont have to show it down. But you only saw a boat in 1 out of 112 hands, where it should actually be more like 1 out of 7, if everyone went to showdown. So I am not even sure, this is a particularly high number.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That's a lot of boats and coolers. Poker is strange. Playing live last week, I had AA twice in a row and chopped vs the same player both times (once they had AJ and we both got a straight and the second time it was AA vs AA and neither caught a flush).