Where to Stay, Play and Eat in Vegas

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you do in vegas, die in vegas, classic phrase, vegas has a wide variety of good hotels, for all tastes and price.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Planet Hollywood and a couple of food update 2018

I always stay at Caesar's properties and eat at them too when in Vegas during June/July. See my other posts in this thread as to why.

Planet Hollywood
I was offered another Sunday night - Friday stay comped at PH this year. Since I usually play a lot at the Aria, I thought it would be a shorter walk than from the Flamingo. Some have said you can't beat their location--I'll disagree. It ended up that I didn't play at all at the Aria. So, I really would have been better off at the Flamingo--shorter walk to Bellagio Poker Room and Caesar's Poker Room. It really depends on where you will be playing mostly.

I usually like to jump in cash games where I stay late at night to wind down and relax. This was near impossible at PH. Constant pounding music, lights, and distractions from the party pit. Not really a "room" per se, but a bunch of tables thrown in an open area.

Hash House at the Linq
Evidently under new management. Worse experience at a HH ever and they are usually awesome. Basically when I had a problem with the crispy potatoes in a dish, manager told me they had other potato options and that's just how they make them. they did remake them for me and they were much better that the little pieces of burnt charcoal they originally served me.

Counter wait staff is still awesome!

Warning Caesars points users

The Linq HH charges DOUBLE points for meals, so my usual $17 meal was $34 worth of points. There's no warning either!

Hell's Kitchen
I'm not a huge Ramsey fan and there isn't another restaurant in Vegas of his that I would recommend. My group got me to go here this year. The service was fantastic and really enjoyed my meal. It is pricy, but so is just about anything anymore. You can use points. They will break large groups into 5 separate checks if you ask. FYI when using points you cannot have them use a portion of points on a bill. Must use all points or cover entire bill.
My wife and I just got back from Vegas; ate at Hell's Kitchen. The food was very good, the service was excellent and it was great seeing it in person after watching the show a few times...I prefer Ramsey in Masterchef Junior...no F bombs at the 8 year olds. Yes, it is pricy, but worth the unique experience.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Cosmo is fabulous, I've stayed there before, and no doubt the balcony rooms with views of the Bellagio fountains are amazing. It can be a little pricey though, and if I'm mostly playing poker I don't mind going a little more budget friendly and staying at Planet Hollywood. Rooms are decent and they used to have a good poker room, but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
@Emily Trott I am glad you had a wonderful birthday trip! Thank you for the reviews. I have been wanting to try Lou's Diner but I may have to try Vickie's instead.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@Emily Trott I am glad you had a wonderful birthday trip! Thank you for the reviews. I have been wanting to try Lou's Diner but I may have to try Vickie's instead.
Don't forget to give us your review when you do get to Lou's and Vickie's. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thank you! and You're very welcome! :)

O

Ortwin1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Link to the Vegas guide doesn't work any more. Is there an updated version of the link somewhere?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I hope that I haven't bored you with this essay but I tend to drone on and on sometimes. :) I'll follow up later on with my experiences at the poker tournaments and some other gambling that I did. Until that time have yourselves a wonderful day! :)

Are you kidding? I enjoyed this immensely! I wish we could get a review from you for all of the places in Vegas! Maybe we'll see you there one day.

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas