Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. I could not determine where to post this topic, but in my opinion, this is the place. The world series of poker 2024 is just around the corner, we know that the Main Event will take place from July 3 to 17, and everyone is eagerly awaiting the schedule. Since 1971, wsop has successfully tried out many ideas, but some of them have come and gone, usually because interest in that particular variant waned. There were tournaments like Ace-to-Five Draw, Limit Omaha, Five Card Stud, Mixed Doubles, and even Chinese Poker. In the first WSOP Badugi journey, the turnout was so large that an extra day was needed to determine the winner. Mixed doubles tournaments, where men and women compete for the WSOP gold bracelet, could be a popular addition to the schedule. They were held at WSOP from 1979 to 1983; the first two years played No Limit Stud, and the last three years played 7 Card Stud. I know many are busy discussing games on Replay Poker, but still - do you think some formats could make a comeback since WSOP likes to create new tournaments from games already used in mixed events? I'm not an organizer, but wishes are taken into account! Have a great day!!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Wow Badugi would be awesome, mixed doubles sounds cool, I'm all for variety... people miss out on so much when all they play is one game all the time👍

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dear administrators! I believe this topic can be closed. It didn't live up to expectations, there was no interest shown. Besides, the WSOP schedule has already been published, and not everything has been confirmed. Thank you for your participation in posting this topic.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello everyone. I could not determine where to post this topic, but in my opinion, this is the place. The World Series of Poker 2024 is just around the corner, we know that the Main Event will take place from July 3 to 17, and everyone is eagerly awaiting the schedule. Since 1971, WSOP has successfully tried out many ideas, but some of them have come and gone, usually because interest in that particular variant waned. There were tournaments like Ace-to-Five Draw, Limit Omaha, Five Card Stud, Mixed Doubles, and even Chinese Poker. In the first WSOP Badugi journey, the turnout was so large that an extra day was needed to determine the winner. Mixed doubles tournaments, where men and women compete for the WSOP gold bracelet, could be a popular addition to the schedule. They were held at WSOP from 1979 to 1983; the first two years played No Limit Stud, and the last three years played 7 Card Stud. I know many are busy discussing games on Replay Poker, but still - do you think some formats could make a comeback since WSOP likes to create new tournaments from games already used in mixed events? I'm not an organizer, but wishes are taken into account! Have a great day!!

It was worth a try.

You know what I miss about the WSOP... back when Fulltilt Poker was alive & thriving they held a Fantasy WSOP league when you'd make picks on what players would place well in each of the events. If your player did well, you received pts. in a Leaderboard race and also merchandise & freeroll tickets. It was awesome! It got so many more people involved & it was exciting! I wish they'd do something like this again. (I believe Negreanu has a $25k Fantasy league but that's a bit expensive for most of us)

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As seen from the schedule, almost none of these projects will be returned. The organizers have other plans; there will be tournaments where those willing to pay around $600 can play at the same table with poker stars. Perhaps their approach will change in the future.

WSOP