jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Nice insights! Thanks bud!

Haha! So true! Never thought like that!!

Cheers! Hope seeing you at the tables!

I'm gonna keep grinding!
kkkkkkkkkkkk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:you saw, sometimes poker is a lot to see situations.
In a tyson vs holyfield fight, the one with the best punch can win. In poker, the one with the nuts wins, no matter how hard you want to hit, it's useless against the nuts.
A couple of things I forgot to tell you to keep in mind.
As one of our friends said, remember that live MTTs are generally deep, so you have to be very patient.
Use the breaks to really relax and rest, especially your head.
Another is to use the Cut off and the button a lot, especially against recreational ones. As I told you, they generally limp any card they see in their hands and like, and if you raise they call limp. If you for example raise from the button with 1010, the recreational with AKs is likely to just call. If you reach the river, and you see that he always paid your bets and on the river he checked, and you are convinced that your hand is the winner, check too. He should show his cards, and you already have the information with which hands he opens, or with which hands he calls. It is also very difficult for a recreational player to bluff you, and if they do, they are low-bet bluffs, let's say with a lot of fear of losing on their bluff.
And above all, don't lose patience even in the face of a badbeat. The MTT is long and you will probably have many hands to recover. Or not kkkkkkkkkk always depends on luck.
Well bro, I'm playing a bounty builder, and I was just at halftime.
Hugs and we follow her later:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, so apparently my father's old boss invited me to play a medium stakes live tournament next week! :eek:
He will "buy" my buy-in and keep 70% of the profits. At first I was a little reluctant cause 30%, well, it's 30% lol... but I wouldn't play in such stakes if it wasn't for free, so I will gladly accept his offer.

Now I have to catch up to my study's.

Once again, wish me luck! And feel free to advice me on some tips about medium stakes tourneys, it's going to be my first one. :geek::geek:

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
kkkkkkkkkkkk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:you saw, sometimes poker is a lot to see situations.
In a tyson vs holyfield fight, the one with the best punch can win. In poker, the one with the nuts wins, no matter how hard you want to hit, it's useless against the nuts.
A couple of things I forgot to tell you to keep in mind.
As one of our friends said, remember that live MTTs are generally deep, so you have to be very patient.
Use the breaks to really relax and rest, especially your head.
Another is to use the Cut off and the button a lot, especially against recreational ones. As I told you, they generally limp any card they see in their hands and like, and if you raise they call limp. If you for example raise from the button with 1010, the recreational with AKs is likely to just call. If you reach the river, and you see that he always paid your bets and on the river he checked, and you are convinced that your hand is the winner, check too. He should show his cards, and you already have the information with which hands he opens, or with which hands he calls. It is also very difficult for a recreational player to bluff you, and if they do, they are low-bet bluffs, let's say with a lot of fear of losing on their bluff.
And above all, don't lose patience even in the face of a badbeat. The MTT is long and you will probably have many hands to recover. Or not kkkkkkkkkk always depends on luck.
Well bro, I'm playing a bounty builder, and I was just at halftime.
Hugs and we follow her later:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Thanks!

I notice that the field it's more loose than I was expecting! Honestly I was expecting a way tigher field, but I was wrong, maybe it was the format of the tourney thought, but everybody was raising and shoving left and right with any two cards :unsure:
I liked your advice of checking the river to see the opponents card, that's a smart move, never thought of that aswell!

I'm going to play in a medium stakes MTT next week, any advice specifically for medium stakes x micro stakes tourneys? Something that cross your mind regaring medium stakes tourney's?

Thanks brother! Good luck in your tourneys!!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thanks!

I notice that the field it's more loose than I was expecting! Honestly I was expecting a way tigher field, but I was wrong, maybe it was the format of the tourney thought, but everybody was raising and shoving left and right with any two cards :unsure:
I liked your advice of checking the river to see the opponents card, that's a smart move, never thought of that aswell!

I'm going to play in a medium stakes MTT next week, any advice specifically for medium stakes x micro stakes tourneys? Something that cross your mind regaring medium stakes tourney's?

Thanks brother! Good luck in your tourneys!!
Hello brother.
For nothing, as long as you can help it is good, just as one receives help from other brothers on the site.
Regarding an MTT of medium bets, I must understand that you mean a MTT of medium payment???
In truth, I understand that all MTTs start with 100 BB, the only thing that changes is the amount of payment at the entrance, or if it has rebuys or not.
In that case I can't help you, yes they surely will if the guys who play here at CC understand this.
Thanks brother, yesterday I finished 36 of almost 2000 who signed up for the Bounty, it really went well. I finished my MTT with 4 BB and 88 in hand in UTG2 and from now on with that stack I went all in, with the bad luck that the botton had AA, and the party ended hahahaha.
The MTT until I left took more than 5 hours, in truth I had many very good hands, and the best thing is that I have begun to understand the issue of ranges and players who go all in with very tight chips. In general, these players where they see a minimum good combination, for example a 66, go all in. and I called a lot of hands with A 10, AJ against those combinations and I was lucky that I punctured my card at showdown.
A hug brother and also good luck in the tournaments you play.
God be with you always.
Greetings:giggle::giggle::giggle:

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello brother.
For nothing, as long as you can help it is good, just as one receives help from other brothers on the site.
Regarding an MTT of medium bets, I must understand that you mean a MTT of medium payment???
In truth, I understand that all MTTs start with 100 BB, the only thing that changes is the amount of payment at the entrance, or if it has rebuys or not.
In that case I can't help you, yes they surely will if the guys who play here at CC understand this.
Thanks brother, yesterday I finished 36 of almost 2000 who signed up for the Bounty, it really went well. I finished my MTT with 4 BB and 88 in hand in UTG2 and from now on with that stack I went all in, with the bad luck that the botton had AA, and the party ended hahahaha.
The MTT until I left took more than 5 hours, in truth I had many very good hands, and the best thing is that I have begun to understand the issue of ranges and players who go all in with very tight chips. In general, these players where they see a minimum good combination, for example a 66, go all in. and I called a lot of hands with A 10, AJ against those combinations and I was lucky that I punctured my card at showdown.
A hug brother and also good luck in the tournaments you play.
God be with you always.
Greetings:giggle::giggle::giggle:
Wow, nice job getting 36 out of 2000, man!!
Bounty builders can really be very stressfull always short-stacked, I know this feeling, maybe I need to study short-stack ranges a little more to get some good results in bounty tourneys. Nice job calling those weak hands pre-flop all wins with A10+!
Really unfortunate that guy had a AA, it was ceartanly a nice shove with 88 short-stacked in UTG+2!
Thanks brotha!!
See you around!!

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, so apparently my father's old boss invited me to play a medium stakes live tournament next week! :eek:
He will "buy" my buy-in and keep 70% of the profits. At first I was a little reluctant cause 30%, well, it's 30% lol... but I wouldn't play in such stakes if it wasn't for free, so I will gladly accept his offer.

Now I have to catch up to my study's.

Once again, wish me luck! And feel free to advice me on some tips about medium stakes tourneys, it's going to be my first one. :geek::geek:
I got in FT!!

It was a 4 table tournament, buy-ins and addons included, 20min blinds, about $500 gtds.

Got ITM, finished on 5th place. I was winning about unlucky rivers... :/

It was a very cool experience!

Organize a Home Poker Game Poker Tips