The speed of the check’ ✅ The deception of the check’

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What a ridiculous thread title, but I imagine we can make something of it lol

I can’t tell you how many times I have tripled up simply by doing (for lack of better wording) theatrics and set speed of doing a check. It’s just something I pick up on with people and how they are so zeroed in on the game, they can’t see the purposeful subtle tactics used like a faked speed and emotion to a check. A reverse tell, that IMO works all the time. I suppose it’s like if your so busy doing something and hear a car horn, it will just be a car horn hahah (may be ridiculous, but it works so far for me)

Why do I post these things? Because I just play rec games and this has only been my own experience, and looking for validity to my own observations, I guess?:)

Before I perhaps talk more nonsense, please tell me. Do you check trips/set or do you min bet a set/trips? Or,,, something else?:)

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I usually wait if my opponents let me do it. I don't take risks for no reason and all the bets I make have a certain purpose. I don't bet just for the sake of bet.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I usually wait if my opponents let me do it. I don't take risks for no reason and all the bets I make have a certain purpose. I don't bet just for the sake of bet.
Let’s say you have AA from min position. do you play theatrics, do you hesitate? Do you 3-bet? Do you check? Do you sell you have a questionable hand, I suppose is what I am asking:) selling you have a questionable hand and possibly tripling up by that sell, is far better than a 3-bet to run off another player to cash off of only one player for a bet whatever ROI, With AA (even KK) I turn into an actor, not a badass… lol so far it works. I play the deception route and always looking for the triple, not the folds (or the junky 5x BB win)

Last edited:
A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes it's an old tactic for me and I still use it especially when you have a big stack and you don't want to scare the fish 😀. now I'm working on something else but I still need a lot 😉. I wish you much success!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Checking a flopped set is quite the standard play, imo. Now, when it comes to playing AA in early pos and flopping a set the main question, for me, is what pos is the caller in and their stack size in relation to mine? This will determine whether I check or lead out. Also is the board wet, i.e., flush or straight draws.
For example, I have AA in mid-pos and raise about 2.75 of the BB. The SB calls and the flop comes JA7. He checks and I lead out for around 6k. I get re-raised to 17K, then I raise another 30K. He shoves and I snap call and he turns over pkt 7's. It's set over set and I take it down and knock the villain out.
When he called the pre-flop raise, I put him on a low pair since I didn't get raised. My assumption was correct about his pkt-pr so I was going to bet the flop if he checked. Now, if he had bet into me on the flop I would have just called there since it was void of any draws and I had any hand dominated.