Questions to ask yourself to exploit your rival (live).

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello fellow CardsChat.
If you had the opportunity to play live, what questions would you ask yourself? To take advantage.
Know the range of the rival?
What perception do you have of our game?
I also believe that the number of hands that have been played is important to know, in order to make decisions.
What is the optimal bet size that I should use at that moment?
This is not a question but also if you have already played with the rival several times, you know his game, and so on.
What do you think?

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not ask my self any questions, I observe each player to asses their ability. Look for the weaker players and hope to explote that if and when I can. Because understand, the good players are doing the same to you. Just because you have played someone before does not mean you know them, be careful, a good player will change their game to fool you. I treat every game the same, analize players as they are playing. I start out tight and adjust to each player as I gain information.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the limit. If you're just playing a low $1/2 or 2/4, $2/5 then sit out a round to see what the action is, see if you even what to sit with the folks around you and take it easy the first rounds to witness a few showdowns to see who is serious and who isn't.

At those levels you don't need to change your game or do anything special. Just play basic ABC poker. The bad players will get lucky on you and its up to YOU to know if you played it well or you let your opponent see extra cards or you jammed against a rock.

Organize a Home Poker Game