Question About Poker Tables

R

Rumbleman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys and gals. My name is Mark. I'm a designer and a craftsman. I don't play poker, but I'm interested in building and selling custom poker tables and I have some ideas that would make mine truly unique. I want to build the 48" (4 ft.side to side) octogons. Doing my research, I see that there are many 48" octogons offered on Amazon, for instance, and all of them have 8 drink holders and 8 chip trays. Some are offered with chairs and in every case, it's 4 chairs, not 8. Reading the reviews on these size and shape tables, some folks have said that they are really too small for more than 4 players. One guy said that you CAN get 8 players around them, but everybody better be skinny and to break out the metal folding chairs and it still will be elbow to elbow.

So I've been wondering, why not build these tables and design them for 4 players from the start? It seems that by eliminating 4 drink holders and 4 chip trays it would free up a lot of room for bowls of munchies, cell phones and 6-shooters. (kidding about the 6-shooters!) Seriously, if only 4 players fit comfortably in big cushy chairs, why not design the table with that in mind to begin with? I haven't seen any designed that way.

I would really appreciate some feedback from you players out there that own these type and size tables and/or have played on them with more than 4 players and what your experience has been like as far as being crowded and the like.

Thanks in advance!